The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › You know what?

You know what?

A former member
Post #: 6
I've had it with these so called "meetings". Went to the Barnes & Nobels on Colo. Blvd At 7:45, waited until 8:30. Did anyone even bother to show up? Hell no!! Like I said before-total waste of time. Think I'll confine my anime meetings to legitimate ones like DAI. At least someone shows up there, which is more than you can say about this. I'm done now.shock angry
A former member
Post #: 31
I was there at 7:30, around the Sci-Fi and manga section, and even told the cashier where we were, since there was nobody at the Customer Service center any time I walked by. 5 of us were there until 8:30 (how could you miss us, we were the only people at the manga rack?), when we wandered to the GameStop and Starbucks on either side of the store.

And as for previous meetings, you should already know that before the Organizer setup, Meetup cancelled them when there were less than 5 people signed up to attend (and if you had your email notifications set up right, you'd know they were cancelled), so there hasn't been an Anime Meetup since June of this year. If you showed up anyway, well...

I'll be honest: I don't think your attitude will be missed.
Al S.
Zarabadoo
North Reading, MA
Post #: 43
so, um, other than that... did it go well?
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 6
I've had it with these so called "meetings". Went to the Barnes & Nobels on Colo. Blvd At 7:45, waited until 8:30. Did anyone even bother to show up? Hell no!!

What do you mean? I was there starting at about 7:45, having dinner outside with my wife. After that I started going through the store, heading for the Manga section, where I expected to find the folks - and they were there.

We also took a while going through the used and new anime DVDs in the GameStop. We didn't leave the store until 9pm. Admittedly, it's a big store, but it didn't seem to be a huge leap of reason to assume anime folks would be back in the Manga section.

John
A former member
Post #: 11
I've had it with these so called "meetings". Went to the Barnes & Nobels on Colo. Blvd At 7:45, waited until 8:30. Did anyone even bother to show up? Hell no!! Like I said before-total waste of time. Think I'll confine my anime meetings to legitimate ones like DAI. At least someone shows up there, which is more than you can say about this. I'm done now.shock angry

I can totally understand your anger. I showed up too, and when I got there, I didn't really know what to do!! It's not like people had signs on their chests stating "I am part of the Anime Meetup!!"

Eventually, I remembered Brad's post about he'd be by the manga section and I wandered there around 8:15 pm. There, I found everybody else, loitering and talking. So I found them eventually.

The meetup was fun! We talked about a range of topics from Anime, to Anime RPGs and well, sorta went off topic a few times, but it was all in good fun.

smile

All of us have suggested, though, next time, to meet up in a place where it's much more visible to those who have NEVER met one another before. For instance, a restaurant. You can go to the hostess and tell them that you're with the "Anime Meetup Party" or "Brad's Party" or something, and they'd lead you to the table. I think that might be easier.. unless meetups are held at people's houses or big signs are on a table at a cafe that state "Anime Meetup!!".

So, don't give up yet! It was fun!

Jen
A former member
Post #: 12
We also took a while going through the used and new anime DVDs in the GameStop.

John

I blaim Tammi (Tammy?) for forcing me and twisting my arm with threats and violence to buy Anime at 50% off!!

She is a good, good woman!! wink

Hehehe.

Jen

(P.S. Just kidding! About the threats and violence... biggrin )
A former member
Post #: 7
The only reason I've "got an attitude" is because I've gone to 5 of these things now and only once did I see anyone there. I did go to the manga rack and was perusing Ranma 1/2 but if you guys were there I sure didn't see ya or you me. Like the other person said-whatta we supposed to do-wear a hat or sign saying "I love anime"? I feel kinda stupid asking 12 different strangers "Are you here for the anime meeting?" But enough of the sarcasm, I'll try it one more time, I like anime and manga just as much or maybe more than most!!
A former member
Post #: 44
The only reason I've "got an attitude" is because I've gone to 5 of these things now and only once did I see anyone there. I did go to the manga rack and was perusing Ranma 1/2 but if you guys were there I sure didn't see ya or you me. Like the other person said-whatta we supposed to do-wear a hat or sign saying "I love anime"? I feel kinda stupid asking 12 different strangers "Are you here for the anime meeting?"

I do remember at least one person hanging around the manga shelf, but since he seemed to more or less ignore us while we were doing introductions and making sure that we were all there for the anime Meetup (with questions like "Are you here for the anime Meetup?"), I figured he was doing his own thing and not our thing.

And not to belabor the point, but Meetup used to automatically cancel events that didn't have 5 people signed up/RSVP'd for them. As Organizer, I will not cancel meetings unless it's obvious that nobody is going to show up- and even then I'd likely reschedule, since it would have to be some major event or holiday that would cause people to ditch en masse.
A former member
Post #: 77
I like anime and manga just as much or maybe more than most!!

Yeah, right!

You certainly don't show it any respect, so you can't like it more than most. You are like the husband that beats his wife and says he loves her. If you love anime sooooo much, stop buying bottlegs!

Dave
A former member
Post #: 17
Most formal meetings have nametags, which allow members to recognize each other. If this is a serious problem, then I would suggest creating buttons or nametags (printable stickers) or some other sort of label.