addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Anime "Pot Luck" Video Showing - November 6th

Anime "Pot Luck" Video Showing - November 6th

John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 7
One of the things we all worked out at the meetup last night was the first video showing. My wife and I agreed to host it, so I'm posting the details.

a) What it is:
We're going to do the showing "Pot Luck" Style - each person who can brings 3 DVD/VHS/LD shows that they want to share with the group. Choose something with a story that fits in less than 2 hours - I doubt we're going to stick to any one show for any longer than that. LABEL WHAT YOU BRING - just to make sure that if you and someone else both bring (say) Akira, you both go home with the same copy of Akira that you arrived with. As the showing goes on, we'll break between shows to choose out of the available pool to see what people feel like seeing next.

b) When it is:
We decided on the first Saturday of November - that's the sixth. I figure we'll start at about noon. That means don't show up any earlier than noon, and assuming people show up in usual fannish progression, we'll actually be starting to show things at around 12:30-1. Feel free to bring food, chips, soda, etc. There *is* a limited convenience store within walking distance, but best to bring what you're going to want. We'll continue in this manner (watching things) until about 6pm, at which point we'll see who needs to go, who wants to stick around and watch, who wants to ... well, anything really. We have board games, video games, Lego, a wireless computer network... and lots more anime and films.

c) Where it is.
Our house is a red victorian home near downtown, so it's fairly central. We are not smokers, so any smokers should expect to stand outside for few puffs on the porch if they need a fix. We do have three cats, though, so any people who have problems with cat dander should stock up on their antihistimines beforehand. The cats are generally friendly, though. The address is:

741 King Street
Denver, CO 80204
303-260-7798

If you're coming from the east, easiest way to get here is to take 6th avenue west, get off on the Lowell/Perry exit onto the frontage road, take the immediate right onto Lowell, go up 2 blocks to 8th, turn right, turn right onto King and start looking for parking.

If you're coming from the West, I suggest taking 6th avenue west, get off onto Federal, turn left/north onto Federal, left onto 6th avenue again, and follow the directions above. The Lowell/Perry exit is the same lane as the entrance onto westbound sixth from Federal.

Otherwise, there's mapquest.

I think that's it - any questions you may have, just respond to this message and I'll try to answer them.

John
A former member
Post #: 13
Get the Cat Girl Nuku Nuku ready!! :)

Thanks for hosting by the way!!

If people want, I can bring a Taco Casserole for lunch for people. It easily can feed a good group of people. It has corn, cheese, beef, tomato sauce, spices and tortilla chips in it.
A former member
Post #: 34
A list of my titles which have potential for the occasion. Most are shortish OAVs and movies, but some are 12-15 episode series and you could use an episode or two as a sampler:

(Titles in red have definite fanservice content)

APCCG Nuku-Nuku OAV (6)
Devil Hunter Yokho (5)
DNA^2 (15)
Golden Boy (6)
Jin-roh: Wolf Brigade (movie)
Jungle de Ikou (3)
Key the Metal Idol (15)
Kite: Uncut (movie)
Mahoromatic season 1 (12)
Metropolis (movie)
Perfect Blue (movie)
Record of Lodoss War (13)
Spirited Away (movie)

Fair reviews and info can be found at http://www.animejump....­
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 44
I would have to say Kite: Uncut has a bit more than just fan service in it. hehe.

otherwise these are all fair game for me beings i have only caught glimpses of them or have never seen them at all:
APCCG Nuku-Nuku OAV (6)
Devil Hunter Yokho (5)
DNA^2 (15)
Jungle de Ikou (3)
Key the Metal Idol (15)
Metropolis (movie)
Perfect Blue (movie)
Record of Lodoss War (13)
Spirited Away (movie)

I will compile a list of choices when i get a batch of my discs back from a friend.
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 44
I would have to say that Kite:Uncut has a bit more than fan service. The cut Kite has more along the lines of fan service (which I do have if anyone feels they may be offended by anything more than fan service).

These are the ones that I would have an interest in because I have only caught minor glimpses of them or have never seen them at all:

APCCG Nuku-Nuku OAV (6)
Devil Hunter Yokho (5)
DNA^2 (15)
Jungle de Ikou (3)
Key the Metal Idol (15)

Once I get a batch of my anime from a friend of mine, I will compile a short list and submit it here. should be tonight sometime.

P.S. -- If this message is posted twice, i am sorry. Meetup is acting wonky this morning.
A former member
Post #: 15
I'm most likely going to bring the first DVD of InuYasha, simply because Tammi hasn't seen it yet.

The other two are in the air, here's a list of what I could potentially bring (well, what I can remember off the top of my head). Oh, and remember, I usually collect series, so... I can bring the first DVD or so of the series so people can get a taste:

Cowboy Bebop (DVD)
Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X too) (DVD)
Bubblegum Crisis (DVD)
Gundam: Stardust Memories (VHS)
Sohruden: Legend of the Dragon Kings (VHS)
Iria (DVD)
Ghost in the Shell (movie) (DVD)
Akira (movie) (DVD)
Fushigi Yuugi (DVD) - Will probably bring this one.
Those Who Hunt Elves (DVD)
Trigun (DVD)
Outlaw Star (DVD)
Wolf's Rain (DVD) - Am strongly leaning towards bringing this one because I know at least 2 of you haven't seen it yet.
InuYasha Season 1 (DVD) - Bringing this one for Tammi

I have more, but, I already have three it appears that I'm going to bring. So, that's what I'm bringing! Fushigi Yuugi, Wolf's Rain and InuYasha first disk of Season 1.

Woot!

biggrin
A former member
Post #: 57
Here's a few of my suggestions:

K.O.Century 3Beastketeers Vol 1
Perfectual Earth Defense Force
Assemble Insert
Vilgust

These are all tongue in cheek animes. Very funny.

db
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 46
If people want, I can bring a Taco Casserole for lunch for people. It easily can feed a good group of people. It has corn, cheese, beef, tomato sauce, spices and tortilla chips in it.

sounds good to me. anyone want anything to drink? i can usually get a decent deal on fluids at the costco (not only soda, but there are bulk juices and teas there).

also, I was thinking of bringing the following:
- DragonHalf
- Moldiver
- Haibane Renmei (the first disc of four)

some other ones i have:
- FLCL
- Spriggan
- Gunsmith Cats: Bulletproof
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Tenchi Muyo (OAV & all movies)
- Love Hina (I only have the first disc)
- Cowboy BeBop
- Battle Angel
- Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
- Metropolis
- Princess Mononoke
- Spirited Away
- Kite (censored)
- Perfect Blue
- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
- Ghost in the Shell
- Serial Experiments: Lain
- Blood: the Last Vampire
- Akira

these ones could be considered anime, but it is debatable:
- Transformers: The Movie
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (cut and uncut versions)

There may be more, but a friend has a few them at the moment. Oh, and these are all DVD. I don't have VHS anymore.

-- Al "Zarabadoo" Steffen
http://www.zarabadoo....­
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 10

Sounds good to me. Bring it on.

As far as the soda goes, that's cool to. I tend to drink diet stuff, but my wife can't. We've got a 2-liter of Root Beer and another one of Grape Soda left over from our aniversary party last night, so probably don't need any more. People are welcome to bring other soda, other snacks, or whichever.

John
A former member
Post #: 36

Along with my 'RSVP', I'll cast another vote for the taco casserole. I can also spring for some garbage pie (pizza) or other 2ndary comestible.