addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › View-fest Dec. 4 at Bradster's

View-fest Dec. 4 at Bradster's

A former member
Post #: 43
I know this is probably short notice (I'm not too busy when I'm not working, so I can plan on a dime), but I'm in the mood for another anime viewing, and next week's as good as any for me- and I'd rather do it sooner than later. I do all my Christmas shopping after I get to my parents' house, so I have no season-based worries until a few days before Christmas.

When: Sat, Dec 4, starting noonish.

Where: My place.
info removed post-event

It's a smallish apartment on the east side of Denver, but should be able to host a handful of people reasonably easily. If you know where Gimme Anime is then you're almost there, because my complex is about 2 miles north of that off Havana.

From Havana, go west on Florida (Red Robin), turn left onto Fulton Street (duck pond), then take the 2nd left into Buckingham Station Apts (Iowa St). Turn right immediately, into parking lot in front of mailbox. Apt 139 is on the backside of the 3rd floor of that very first unit (closest to mailbox).

There are plenty of restaurants and a grocery store in the area, so food won't be hard to come by.
A former member
Post #: 81
WOOOHOOOO!!!
I'm in!

Longshot
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 52
looks good to me. i will have to double check the schedule for next weekend, but i am thinking i am in at the moment. i will report back.

-- Al "Zarabadoo" Steffen
http://www.zarabadoo....­
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 18
Unfortunately I won't be able to show - that's the weekend for my monthly 'Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil' game, and previous experience shows that it helps if I take the day off to prepare.

Hope you folks have fun!
A former member
Post #: 82
Unfortunately I won't be able to show - that's the weekend for my monthly 'Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil' game, and previous experience shows that it helps if I take the day off to prepare.

Do you prepare to return or prepare to be the elemental evil? biggrin

Dave
A former member
Post #: 26
I might be able to show up. I'm not sure. If I can, I'll show up bearing gifts. biggrin
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 19

Do you prepare to return or prepare to be the elemental evil? biggrin

Dave
Oh, I'm all about the elemental evil, baby. :)

John
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 54
i am going to show. i am thinking of an attempt to port some fansubs i downloaded to VHS and bring those. Beck and My-HiME to be specific.

if it doesn;t go well, i will think of something else to bring. feel free to toss in requests from my previous list.
A former member
Post #: 45
i am going to show. i am thinking of an attempt to port some fansubs i downloaded to VHS and bring those. Beck and My-HiME to be specific.

I'd try to give you a quick tutorial on how to convert digisubs into a format viewable on DVD players, but I'm not sure what kind of disc-burning software you have.. (and for some reason, my standalone player only recognized one particular AMV as being playable, even though there were 5 other vids of the same format on the disc. I think it might prefer VCD format for that kind of thing)

I used to have a video card that would port both ways, but I got rid of it and now have one that just goes from VHS to PC. Been using it to convert old VHS tapes to DVD, and pitching the tapes.
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 55
I'd try to give you a quick tutorial on how to convert digisubs into a format viewable on DVD players, but I'm not sure what kind of disc-burning software you have.. (and for some reason, my standalone player only recognized one particular AMV as being playable, even though there were 5 other vids of the same format on the disc. I think it might prefer VCD format for that kind of thing)

I am sure i can find something online to show me, but jsut for the fact that all DVD players don't read the same, i figured VHS would be the best way to go. That is pretty universal, and i have video card(s) that can do it.

VCD is a degradation in quality, jsut as VHS is. not a whole lot of advantage to it really. I may give it a tray though. jsut for practice purposes.