The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Do we have a facebook page? Do we need one?

Do we have a facebook page? Do we need one?

A former member
Post #: 1
While I get the emails from the group, I tend to be on facebook every day. Anyone ever consider making a FB page for the group? I know it seems like double the work, but it might promote my dialog.
A former member
Post #: 643
I don't know what the other staff think about the idea, but it's not in my plans 'cause I won't be joining Facebook/LinkedIn/Other social networking site any time soon. I also think that most members who are interested in talking about anime online probably use the giant forums (Mania, ANN, etc) instead, since a quick look at our front forum page shows that threads from last year are still visible (an average of 3 new threads per month). Unless there's a huge outpouring of support for the idea, it'd be double the work for almost zero return.
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 513
We don't have a facebook page, although it probably wouldn't hurt to create one to link to here. I don't think a group page on Facebook would cost anything more... not that meeetup itself is very expensive.

Unlike Brad I'm happily enjoying (wallowing) facebook, linked in, and the like - but then, given that my job is making more webpages I sort of need to know about the current ones. :)

So - this weekend I'll set some time aside and see what I can do.
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 515
Well, here's a try at a Facebook page for us. :)

http://www.facebook.c...­