align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › RIP Satoshi Kon

RIP Satoshi Kon

Sabrina
user 4893467
Louisville, CO
Post #: 86
For those who haven't heard, director/writer/animator Satoshi Kon passed away from pancreatic cancer on the 23rd. He was 46 years old.

Regarding the release of his next and fifth film, the Dream Machine, no word has come out yet about whether it will still happen or not. In the meantime... *Sniffle* I'm gonna go rewatch Tokyo Godfathers again and break people's brains with his other films in memory. Anime has lost of one its most original creators.
A former member
Post #: 646
Damn, that's a huge loss of quality and creativity. Only a few years older than me, too...

(And we'd just watched Perfect Blue last Wednesday at my place)
A former member
Post #: 75
Yeah-I thought it was eerie watching Perfect Blue and then finding out he died a few days later. Having said that my favorite Satoshi Kon film is Millennium Actress.
mary p.
user 10024909
Denver, CO
Post #: 7
Yeah, Eerie! After we watched "Perfect Blue" , I went home and ordered a box set of "Paranoia Agent" for 80$, online, and received it in the mail a day or two after I heard he had died. What a BUMMER.
A former member
Post #: 77
I just acquired the english dubbed version of Millennium Actress (yes-there is a dubbed version)-if anybody wants to watch it-let me know