Denver Data Integration Professionals Meetup Message Board › Hadoop Developer - Contractor Denver
We are seeking a Hadoop Developer for our Denver client. The client is seeking knowledgeable individuals who have worked with Hadoop in an enterprise.
- Evaluate data availability and quality, and extract/transform data for analytic projects within the context of a Hadoop environment
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
- Define and develop client specific best practices around data management within a Hadoop environment
- Hands on experience with Java in Linux environment
- Hands on experience on Hadoop MapReduce, Hive, Pig, and HBase (experience with any)
- Familiar with shell scripting, git, ant, maven, and junit.
- Familiar with oozie, sqoop, and flume is a plus.
- Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica) a plus.
- Open to candidates that have worked on any flavor of Hadoop.
This is a 6 month contract with extension likely.
Centennial Data Group is a boutique Data Integration, Data Quality, and Big Data consulting company. We offer our employees opportunities for growth and leadership, ensuring that our customers work with the "best of the best." We would love to hear from you.