Post #: 1
Rosetta Stone is an innovative software company you definitely want to work for. And, we’re looking for a talented Software Developer in our Boulder office to be part of a great team!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with speech recognition researchers to meet speech research and development goals
- Deliver high-quality software prototypes
- Consider existing code for performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Collaborate with other software professionals to prototype software applications with speech technologies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Experience in client-server systems development
- Good understanding of software scalability and performance
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot issues
- Experience in developing rich internet applications, rich visual/interactive user interfaces
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a closely related field.
- Knowledge on data modeling and database design using SQL databases, MySQL.
- Experience on server side technologies, Ruby on Rails.
- Experience on client side technologies, Flex/AS3.
- Excellent scripting skills, Ruby.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and application domains
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with talented professionals
- Excellent technical communication skills
Preferred Skills and/or Education:
- MS. in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
- Mobile experience
- Experience with version control (SVN)
- Practical knowledge of academic and/or commercial speech recognition technologies
- Basic Knowledge in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Linguistics
To apply to the job, and for questions and more information, see the posting here