Denver Free Spanish Network - Spanish Language Meetup Message Board › "Hablemos de Salud" (Let's talk about health or Speaking of health)

"Hablemos de Salud" (Let's talk about health or Speaking of health)

Dru W.
user 2391280
Louisville, CO
Post #: 77
Due to the miracle of former President Bush selling off old, used-up TV frequencies to his rich buddies, there is now, a whole bunch of new free, over-the-air programs on the new digital channels -- some of which are worth a damn.

One of those new programs is on KBDI channel 12.3 on Friday and Monday mornings on the MhZ network (which is mostly a bunch of programs produced by the those crazy Europeans) -- called "Hablemos de Salud" (Let's talk about health or Speaking of health). It's a very well done educational program on health in Spanish produced in Norte America. The spoken language is American "standard" Spanish -- very clearly spoken -- and with English subtitles. The Doctor who takes call-in questions and responds to them -- all in Spanish -- has fabulous people skills (hasn't yet told anyone to shut-up and quit whining, amazing!) and delivers some serious medical substance explaining in accessible detail what the hell's going on anatomically, physiologically and medically. It would be a worthwhile lesson even in English, but you get it in clearly articulated Spanish with English subtitles. Vastly superior to the dumbed-down, cheap, crappy fluff of Dr. OZ that you get on network women's morning programs.

I know, I know, it would probably sound weird at first to hear a program in Spanish without a bunch women weeping about their cheating husbands, or cheating husbands challenging each other to fights or the standard tele-novela faire, but "Hablemos de Salud" is a really worth-while valuable program. So, if you -- like me -- get excited by boring educational content -- you gotta check this out.
Dru
303 666 -- 7665
Sarah
user 11212308
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Hey Dru,
Thanks for the info, I definintely want to check this out. Except, how do I find the channel? I have basic cable with Comcast, is there any way I can access the KBDI channel 12.3 or is it only for those with supercable or satelite?
Sarah