Denver Gophers Message Board › Go presentation at Agile Denver on Monday, Oct 28 at 6pm

Go presentation at Agile Denver on Monday, Oct 28 at 6pm

Alex V.
aviggio
Boulder, CO
Post #: 11
I hope that it isn't rude of me to advertise this event as a new member. My user group Agile Denver is hosting a talk on the Go language this coming Monday in the downtown Denver area. It is free to attend, with free parking and free pizza -- what's not to like (other than the short notice)!

More info here: http://agiledenver.ni...­

If someone familiar with this meetup shows up, please let me know before the meeting. I'd like you to share info about this group and any upcoming meetups, in case you can recruit new members at Agile Denver.

Thanks,
Alex
Alex V.
aviggio
Boulder, CO
Post #: 12
A few new details...

When Pivotal Labs was acquired by EMC and subsequently spun off as Pivotal, the new company came out with a new mission: to create a cloud-independent Platform as a Service (Pivotal CF) with strengths in fast big data processing. To achieve this, the company is applying Pivotal Labs' agile processes to its product development. Stephan will cover how their processes shaped these new developments, as well as how their processes are adapting to these changes.

A growing part of the software development for Pivotal CF is done in the Go language. Stephan will talk about why they picked Go and for what, and how they are applying Pivotal processes to the new language.

Agenda

6:00-6:30 - Food, networking, announcements

6:30-8:00 - Presentation