Denver Hack Nite Message Board › Stanford AI Class

Stanford AI Class

David W.
user 8680424
Golden, CO
Post #: 1
Hey all,

Some of you have probably seen this being discussed around the internet, but for those of you who haven't, Stanford is conducting an online version of their "Introduction to Artificial Intelligence" class via this site: http://www.ai-class.c...­

Unlike other online course material offerings, this class is actually handing out assignments, offering tests, and assigning a final grade. I've decided to take this on, and seriously work through the course, as this is a subject I've had some interest in for a while but never seriously studied.

Of course, as many of you might know if you've attempted an ambitious self-learning project before, being consistent is hard when you're accountable to nobody but yourself. That's why I am curious if anyone else in this group would be interested in taking this class as well. If so, we could form a study group (maybe just a Skype, IRC, or e-mail list, with the occasional in person meetup if needed). This would provide some of the comradery and social accountability that you get from taking a real university class, which should make it easier to stick the studying the material.

I think online course offerings like this could be a big part of the future of education, so I'm eager to see how they can be best utilized. If this sounds interesting or worthwhile to anyone here, please let me know.

Regards,
David
Josh R.
hexorx
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
This is a great idea and would be a really good fit for hack-nite.
Brent Y.
user 13293359
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
I'm down for a Hack Nite AI study group.