addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Denver Hack Nite Message Board › Colorado Code for Communities: A Civic Hackathon (July 27th to 29th) at Uncubed

Colorado Code for Communities: A Civic Hackathon (July 27th to 29th) at Uncubed

A former member
Post #: 2
Join us for...

Colorado Code for Communities
A Civic Hackathon for the Denver Region

On the weekend of July 27th, PlaceMatters will be presenting, with support from the Partnership for Sustainable Communities, a civic hackathon to build and improve the latest apps that bring sustainability into the forefront of everyone’s lives. These apps could help people and organizations answer questions like:

• How do I get around the region quickly and affordably using any mix of transportation choices?
• What is the true cost of my housing choice, including rent/mortgage and transportation?
• Where are all the vacant lots and what’s the process of purchasing and developing these?
• What does my neighborhood look like in terms of diversity and how can I connect with my neighbors?
• How can I connect with my local government to participate and contribute to civic decision-making?

The event will bring together non-profits, government agencies, data providers, programmers, civic hackers, designers and anyone with an idea or stake in the future of our communities including our partner Open Colorado. For 36 hours, we’ll code and hack away at apps that will improve the lives of people living, working and playing in the Denver region. Bring your talents, ideas and creativity. We’ll provide the data, expertise and nourishment. RSVP is required to participate in the event. Looking forward to seeing you this summer!

Dates
July 27th – 29th

2762 Walnut Street
Denver, CO 80205

More information
http://codeforcommunities.org­

RSVP
http://coloradocode.eventbrite.com/­