Ok all you runners in the meetup- here's your chance to either be a zombie chaser or be a runner.
I'm posting this event in the hopes that the "yes" rsvps will email each other or use the comments section under this event to figure out how to find each other there, maybe carpool there and bond over their love of horror and sweating in the unforgiving sun.
How It Works
Run For Your Lives is the world’s first interactive zombie-infested obstacle race experience. But you’re not just running against the clock — you’re running from brain-hungry, virus-spreading, zombies.
- Before the race, you will be given a flag belt, just like the overly intimidating game of flag football.
- These flags represent your health.
- The zombies want to take your flags and maybe eat your brains.
- If you lose all your health flags, you are infected with the zombie virus, and the zombies win.
- Health bonuses will be hidden throughout the course.
- In these health packs will be extra flags.
- Take the flags and carry them to the finish line, but leave the health pack, it doesn’t count as a flag.
What You’re Up Against
- Throughout the obstacle race, there will be a series of man-made and natural obstacles for you to complete.
- Runners may choose NOT to complete an obstacle, BUT any runner who skips an obstacle will not have truly survived the zombie apocalypse.
- There will be zombies. Their job is to chase you and eat you — but mainly go after your health, in the form of your flag belt. Avoid the zombies to keep your health flags.
- Use speed, strategy and a group of your closest allies to make it to the FINISH LINE “alive” with at least ONE FLAG INTACT. If you finish with zero health flags, the zombies have successfully transformed you into the “undead.”
How You’ll Do It
There will be a start line, and a finish line, but what happens in between is up to you. There are multiple routes to reach the finish. Choose wisely, or your 5k might turn into a 10k.
For training tips, “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Runner Passes range between $67 and $97. Please visit the “Colorado Prices” page to view the current price.
Zombie Passes are $35, with the option to purchase a discounted Runner Pass for an additional $45.
Spectator Passes are $15 with advanced purchase online and $25 at the door. Children 10 and under are free!
The Fine Print
We have a strict no-refund policy. However, we will honor ticket transfers to other participants prior to the registration deadline. Please visit our FAQ section for more information. Please visit this link to download a copy of the Colorado waiver form.
Runner transfers or wave transfers will NOT be accepted after Tuesday, June 25, 2013. We will not be honoring location transfers. No exceptions