addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver RPG Group Message Board Conventions › Genghis Con 2012 (2/15-2/18)

Genghis Con 2012 (2/15-2/18)

Closed to new replies

Ryan
user 13763918
Denver, CO
Post #: 9
Well thank you the input and once again, my financial inability to register early left me out on many games I wanted including a bunch of SW games. I may still look at swapping some stuf at the con if there are openings but currently I'm going heavy D&D and giving Pathfinder another shot after a poor first experience last year. D&D: Cali3-2 ,a 3-3 Friday and Ashes of Athas all day Sat.. Pathfinder Frostfur Captives Friday Morning and Haunted Castle of Doom Midnight Sat. (If I'm still conscious). Would rather play D&D Feyhouse Friday morning, but the pathfinder game wasn't full and looks like a simple beginner game. Considered playing Cortex (new to me) or Random SW Sat., but the Darksun campaign sounds cool and different. Anyway, I'm excited even with the games I was able to land and looking forward to it! Wish I could swing Thurs and Sunday but that's life with a family.

PS-does anyone have a good online character creation and beginner rules resource to recommend for Pathfinder? I still have my female elf pre-gen from last year but would like to try creating my own character. Just hope I get better prepared DM's and more positive players for PF this year...
John
jcfiala
Denver, CO
Post #: 543
Hey folks!

A) I'll be at the con myself - I haven't pre-regged for anything, I figure I'll grab a couple of generic tickets and see what I can fit into. Might try some Pathfinder stuff, some living D&D, whichever.

B) People wanting to create pathfinder characters should look here: http://www.d20pfsrd.c...­ . That's the Pathfinder SRD site, and you can find how to create all different ones there. Also note that along the bottom of the left hand side there's links to character sheets and the like. If you click on the link to the Pathfinder Society Quick Start Characters, you'll see links to more information on creating your own characters.

C) Folks wanting to see how cute my daughter is should pop by the Train Gaming room, where my wife Tammy will be running things and taking care of Rose.

D) Don't forget the gaming auction! It's both a decent way to get rid of old books you're not using and to pick up new stuff you always were interested in.
Wendelyn
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 112
Genghis is finally here, woooohoooooooo!

It's also Mardi Gras weekend and since I'm from Nawlins I'm bringing gamer themed beads to the con. Come say hello to me and let me know that you are part of the meetup group and I'll give you a necklace (for as long as they last).

Let the good times roll! ;)
Wendelyn
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 113
We got a shout out (literally) at Savage Saturday night last night to a room of 80-100 people, I am hoping to see more "Savages" on the meetup in the coming days. Say hello if you are a Rocky Mountain Savage!
Derek
user 9303647
Denver, CO
Post #: 17
Wendy did a great job promoting the Meetup group.
I am a Savage, and hope everyone who attended the Con got a Rocky Mountain Savage d6. If not, be sure to sign up for some Savage games at Tacticon. OR watch this group for SW meetups in the coming months.

Stay Savage.

Derek