addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver RPG Group Message Board Conventions › Games I'm playing/running at Genghis Feb 14-17 2013

Games I'm playing/running at Genghis Feb 14-17 2013

Closed to new replies

Ron B.
RonBlessing
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 18
I'll pitch in with my games.

Running
Fri 7-11: Savage Worlds/Last Night On Earth
A Savage Worlds adventure set in the world of the Last Night On Earth board game

Sat 2-6: FATE Core/Buffy the Vampire Slayer
A Buffy game using the new FATE Core system

Playing
Fri 9-1: Hollow Earth Expedition/Over the River and Through the Jungle
With the excellent Michael Dulock

Sat 7-11: Savage Saturday Night/Murder at Sector 47
A sci-fi whodunnit with Tynan Gacy

Sun 9-1: Hero System/Shadows Angelus
An anime/cyberpunk setting created by former WH40K RPG line developer, Ross Watson
Wendelyn
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 141
Awesome, thanks for posting Ron! It all sounds so fantastic, I really do wish I could squeeze more hours into convention days. :)
Derek
user 9303647
Denver, CO
Post #: 19
Friday:
Hollow Earth (looks like with Ron)
RUNNING: Savage Transformers
hopefully CoC (with Wendy) if Alyson has a seat for me, since I missed the small window during which seats were available.

Saturday:
Dresden (looks like with Wendy)
RUNNING: Con Jr. Savage Transformers
RUNNING: Savage Predators

I only attend two days each Con, but I try and make the most of it.
Wendelyn
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 147
Kick ass. I am chomping at the bit, LET'S DO THIS!!! :D
Robert A
Raddu
Denver, CO
Post #: 48
I'm excited! There's still spots for my Ashes of Athas games, get in there! I'm psyched to play some AW (I recently ran it and am currently running Dungeon World) and Shadowrun (been a while)

Thur 7p-9p Lords of Waterdeep (Playing)
Fri 9a-1p Ashes of Athas 5-1 The Descent (Running)
Sat 9a-1p Ashes of Athas 6-1 Balancing Shadows (Running)
Sat 2p-6p Ashes of Athas 6-2 Ashes Fall (Running)
Sat 7p-11p Shadowrun (Playing)
Sun 9a-1p Apocalypse World (Playing)
Wendelyn
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 148
Right on Robert, sounds like a great schedule! I'm sure I'll be hanging out in the hotel bar Saturday night after my 7-11pm game if you want to stop by to say hello, I don't think we've ever met in person before.

Seriously, how is it not February yet?
Bill K.
keyes_bill
Fort Collins, CO
Post #: 1
I'm running:
Lucha Libre Hero, a goofy Mexican wrasslin' game (Friday and Saturday mornings)
The Iron Age, a dark 'n' gritty superhero game (Friday and Saturday evenings)

I'm playing:
Shadows Angelus (Sunday morning)
Avengers Assemble (Saturday afternoon)

And maybe if I'm not too busy I'll see about getting into something else. Very much looking forward to this!
A former member
Post #: 12
I'm psyched to play some AW (I recently ran it and am currently running Dungeon World).
Excellent! I had just noticed AW filling up. I plan on playtesting my setup with my group before the con. I'm really happy with how DW turned out—I ran it last TactiCon to great success.
Wendelyn
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 154
My Friday night game 7-11pm got cancled yesterday. Do any of our GMs have game spaces open that night? Or would anyone be interested in meeting at the hotel bar around 8pm for chillin and drinking? I can also bring Werewolves of Millers Hollow.

Let me know. :)
Wendelyn
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 158
I had a great time at Genghis, which is par for the course. If you haven't been to Genghis or Tacticon (or perhaps any convention) I highly recommend it. The GMs are fantastic and very flexible about adding players to their games and with everything going on from RPGs to board, card, and random pick-up games you are bound to be fully entertained. Finally with so many great role players fueled by sugar, lack of sleep, and bursts of extroverted energy; game conventions are the perfect storm for creativity. :)

Highlights of the weekend:
--Achievement stickers in the TMNT game that I wore around all weekend which included "My Body is a Weapon" and "I'm a F**KING TURKEY VULTURE"
--"Action Castle" written like a text based rpg, Tresi brought this light and easy game along and it was great fun to play while mustering (http://memento-mori.c...­)
--Joining Ron Blessing's savage "Last Night on Earth" game and playing the super creepy drifter.
--Playing Turn of the Card (diceless indie RPG) back to back on Saturday with the game creators and heading out to midnight pizza afterwards. **Stay tuned to me hosting a game in April**
--Finishing our Dungeon Crawl Classics game on the hotel lawn after the fire alarms forced us to evacuate. Dedication.
--Savage ScoobyDoo using the Scooby Snack candies as bennies.
--Seeing so many good friends and meeting new people
--Not getting sick :P