align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Denver RPG Group Message Board Dungeons and Dragons (prior editions) › Let's start a 4E D&D campaign in the Capital Hill area!

Let's start a 4E D&D campaign in the Capital Hill area!

Drew F.
user 6828576
Denver, CO
Post #: 6
I have been playing around with a home brew campaign that I ran a few years ago. it was very successful and I'd like to run through it with some new players. The general idea of the campaign is that a group of adventures are trying rediscover an island continent and its lost civilization. All that is know about the continent was that it was abandoned centuries ago because of a mysterious invasion from within. I run a very interactive flexible campaign and love players' contribution to the story. New players are welcome. Let's get together for a beer and talk about it! I'm flexible on the day, although I am thinking Sundays or Wednesday nights. Let me know what works for you.
Cameron
camicon
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
This sounds pretty cool! I'm new to the group and to Denver in general, but I was hoping to find a new group to join. I have a summer job, but I should be free Wednesday nights this summer. I've only ever played 4E so I should be comfortable enough with the basics. I also have a girlfriend that was hoping to play as well if that would be alright. She's never played any kind of tabletop RPG, but she's really funny and great at improv (which I find can make for a more enjoyable D&D experience).
Drew F.
user 6828576
Denver, CO
Post #: 7
Great Cameron, sounds good! I am glad your girlfriend is interested, I find new players often have the most creative input to the game. We should find a time in the not so distant future that we can get together and talk about the campaign. I'm free most evenings to grab a drink or some coffee, let me know what works for you. Meanwhile I'll try to grab a couple more prospective players. As a DM, I like to have 3-4 player characters.
Amy M.
monamelia
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
Hey! I'm the girlfriend Cameron mentioned in his reply. I'm definitely interested in getting started with D&D, and right now Sundays are great for me. Most Wednesdays are fine, too. If you get started, let me know! I can do some pre-game work with Cameron to make sure I'm not totally in the dark when we start playing.

--Amy
Drew F.
user 6828576
Denver, CO
Post #: 8
Hey Amy! I am excited about getting a campaign up and going. Are you guys available to meet in the evening on Wednesday the 19th or Sunday the 23rd? It'd be nice to get to know each other and fill in some of the back story. Does the Irish Snug on Colfax work for you? I'm not sure exactly how this meetup works, but I'll try to get the organizers to put down an event on the calender and maybe we can round up 1 or 2 additional folk.
Amy M.
monamelia
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
Ah, Wednesday the 19th is the one Wednesday I have something scheduled so far.

Sunday the 23rd is great for me. I know Cameron may work some Sundays, but he'll know his work schedule soon. If he can't do Sunday, then I know the 26th works for me, too.

Looking forward to it!
Drew F.
user 6828576
Denver, CO
Post #: 9
Ok guys, let's meet on the Wednesday the 26th at the Irish Snug. I found another couple that is interested. 630 at the Irish Snug?
Amy M.
monamelia
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
Sounds good! See you there!
Drew F.
user 6828576
Denver, CO
Post #: 10
I added this meetup to the "suggested meetups". If you guys get a chance, pop over and RSVP. The suggested meetup needs 2 RSVPs to become a real meetup.
Rusty
Rusty
Madison, WI
Post #: 2
Is this still happening? I'd love to get in on another game if you are still looking for players.