addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver RPG Group Message Board Dungeons and Dragons (prior editions) › 4e Group in Denver

4e Group in Denver

Rusty
Rusty
Madison, WI
Post #: 1
I'm looking to DM a group for 4e. Since this is my first time DMing I'm looking for patient players who want a good mix of role play and fighting (~50/50).

I'm looking for really committed players who will be there every other Monday. I'm looking for gamers who are there to have fun, kill some monsters, and interact well. If you fit this mold, and are ready for some action let me know.

I can't stress enough that this will be my first time DMing. That means that things will probably go a little slow at first. I'm looking for a group that will grow with me and be forgiving as we might have to look up some rules every now and then. I'm looking for a group of 4-5 and won't go above 6. Any more than that and it makes it difficult to have an active role playing session. I'm hoping to have one player who is familiar with the game and the rest being relatively new. The reason for that is I don't want people rules lawyering me since I'm new to DMing, but I want to have someone else there to who has played to help the new players out. I may start with some pre-gen stuff just to get my feet wet and have the players get to know each other. Because of this new players are both welcomed and encouraged. I'm ready to teach if you're ready to learn.

Once we get the group together and decide on a location and time that works for everyone we can start character creation. My goal is to have some basic character concepts in mind but to actually make the characters together at the first session.

Also I'm flexible with start and end times at first. I understand work schedules can be hectic. Once we decide on a specific time, though, I plan to actually start playing at that time, with a few minutes at the beginning to catch up with everyone. I have a shorter get to know each other and the basics of the rules quest designed, and then a long campaign ready after we all get settled in. I do it that way so that people have 2 to 3 sessions to decide if they are interested. If they want to leave after that they can with no real issues. Once we get into the big campaign, I'm not as keen on allowing people to come and go as they please.

I hope to start next Monday, 07/29 at Troll Country Games. Please let me know if you are interested and we can start on some character creations.

Thanks,
Rusty