addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver RPG Group Message Board Dungeons and Dragons (prior editions) › Seeking players (or maybe an existing game?)

Seeking players (or maybe an existing game?)

Brandon
user 6518178
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
I've been getting the itch to run (and/or play) some rpgs - just need some people to play with.

Location: Downtown Denver. I'm happy to host, but otherwise I'd prefer not to travel too far (public transit can get complicated).
Time: Prefer Sat/Sun - but I can prolly free up a weeknight or three. Weekly or biweekly would be great, but I'm open to more flexible scheduling if necessary.
System: Most of my experience is in D&D, prefer to run 4e/Next for custom material, but I'm happy to run 3.5/Pathfinder published adventures, I've been wanting to try Fate (Dresden Files, Spirit of the Century, or adapted for Star Wars or Ravenloft/Gothic Horror), and being a bit of a system junkie, I'm willing to try just about anything else.
Setting: I've got lots of ideas (far-future sci-fi, superheroes, modern mystery, pulp, gothic horror, fantasy old-school sandbox, Star Wars, Eberron, Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Pathfinder (Rise of Runelords, Kingmaker, Reign of Winter)) or we can do something completely different. Player buy-in is key. :)
Style: Previous games have been mostly laid back/beer&pretzels/hack-n-slash style, but that's mostly due to player preference. Those looking for more story-oriented games usually get out at least what they put in.
Players: I've got two tentative players now and another in January, and prefer to keep group size under 7 - but if I get a ton of responses I'm not averse to starting a second group. If/when I get to a point where I have too many players, I'll post below to let everyone know.

I'm mostly a GM - even when I start as a player, I usually gravitate to the GM role in short order. But I'm certainly not averse to taking a turn on the other side of the screen (you learn so much more that way).
A former member
Post #: 135
I'd definitely be interested! I'm very experienced with 4e or I'd love to try new systems (especially FATE). I'm a student in Boulder so it would have to be at a time when I could drive down to Denver. I'm free Thursday nights, Tuesday nights later in the semester and most weekends. Starting in January, I should be free most weekends and evenings.
Brandon
user 6518178
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
If we can get one more tentative for Saturday/Sunday afternoons and 4e D&D (or Fate?) - I'll schedule an initial meet-n-greet/character creation session...

Any takers? :)
Scott P.
user 8751393
Arvada, CO
Post #: 89
I'm interested in meeting and see how it goes.
scott
Brandon
user 6518178
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
Let's try an introductory session:

Saturday 12 October 2013 at 2pm
2647 Curtis St / Denver CO

We'll discuss setting, system (D&D 4e unless everyone votes otherwise), and start with character creation.

We've got 4 players on the line - if the time is bad, let me know and I'll see if we can pick something better. Up to 3 more spots available but please post if you plan to attend.
A former member
Post #: 136
Awesome! Seeya then. Also what are your thoughts on homebrew? I had a 4e design blog a while back and I made a couple custom classes (such as Soulknife). I can email you the class write-up if you'd like to look at it since the Wizard community site is all wonky.
Brandon
user 6518178
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
I'm not opposed to homebrew stuff (even dabble a bit myself - was a charter member of Dreamscarred Press before they started publishing) - though I would definitely want to read it over first, and given that my 4E anti-CharOp instincts are a little dull at the moment, you'd have to accept that even if I allow the design, it may be subject to nerf-batting in the future if it turns out to be disruptive or unbalancing...

Feel free to email me whatever you want and I'll look it over.
Matt S.
user 113238282
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
I'm new to DnD, but if you'll have me I'd like to join.
Brandon
user 6518178
Denver, CO
Post #: 6
I'm new to DnD, but if you'll have me I'd like to join.
You'll be the seventh potential player which is pushing my limit for a single group - but you're welcome to come for the planning session on Saturday, and we'll see how things work out. (May just run with seven, may split to two groups, or we may have a few no-shows)
Matt S.
user 113238282
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
Alright cool! I'll be there.