addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver RPG Group Message Board Dungeons and Dragons (prior editions) › Anyone interested in a Pathfinder game on Thursdays?

Anyone interested in a Pathfinder game on Thursdays?

Damian S.
user 14227239
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
I'm looking to launch a new home-brew Pathfinder campaign with lots of influences from other games. There's a couple of interested players and I'm scoping out locations. I would prefer to keep it close to home - in the north Lakewood/Golden/Arvada area. We have a potential play location but seating is limited. May need to look at a table at Dark Matter Games (Belmar) or the Adventurer's Quarter (Arvada) if there's a lot of interest. Or let me know if you have another location in mind. I am thinking game will be the first & third Thursdays of the month but am flexible on that - unfortunately life is just too hectic right now for an every week game.

I run a pretty open game and like to focus on character and story over hack-n-slash. The world we'll be mucking around in is not set in stone, and character creation will also involve some world creation. I like the pathfinder rule set but am more than willing to include 3.5 and third party stuff if it makes things more fun for the players.

Anybody interested?
Robert B.
user 12153677
Boulder, CO
Post #: 8
I'd be interested. About what time would you want to be playing? I live in Boulder, so it's a bit of a drive.
Damian S.
user 14227239
Denver, CO
Post #: 6
I'm stuck at the J.O.B. 'till 4, so 5 is the earliest start I could swing. I imagine the cutoff would have to be 10pm or earlier, depending on venue.

I've got stuff in mind to keep things fun if we end up with a trickle-in situation where folks can't all get there at the same time, so don't stress about it if the exact time frames don't fit perfectly.
William
user 10301836
Aurora, CO
Post #: 4
I'd enjoy jumping in as well. Normally I'm done with my job at 2pm on Thursdays and I'm off on Fridays, so time/day is not an issue. I'm also big on character driven stories and any character I create will have some sort of background story as well, so if you're looking for someone else to join, I'd be down for it. Thanks.
Ryan
user 13763918
Denver, CO
Post #: 11
I am very interested in this as it would fit my schedule/busy life, location, and sounds like the type of game I enjoy! My pathfinder experience is limited to 2 ghenghis con stints for a total of About 7 game sessions. I dont have any of the books but am an experienced gamer who learns fast. I love character development and cohesive story. I will definitely monitor this post and hope to join you when this comes together!
Robert B.
user 12153677
Boulder, CO
Post #: 9
Fortunately, you don't need the books too much. Pathfinder's put just about all their material except the adventure paths on the OGL, and you can find most of it here:

http://www.d20pfsrd.c...­
Damian S.
user 14227239
Denver, CO
Post #: 7
I am thrilled to see a handful of folks who want to get involved. I'll be posting a link to the campaign website here in the next couple of days. Thanks to Robert for posting up the pathfinder SRD link. They have all the necessary core stuff there. I'm pretty flexible about 3rd party and what not, so just let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Damian S.
user 14227239
Denver, CO
Post #: 8
The website is coming together. Still plenty to do on it, but you can get an overview of what's to come at:
http://damianofsmith.wix.com/weathertop­
My hope is to get the first session off the ground on Thursday, Feb 6th. I will know where we will be meeting after this weekend. Stuff will be added to the website on a regular basis. If there's anything specific you have questions about or want to see there let me know and I'll make it a priority.
Ryan
user 13763918
Denver, CO
Post #: 13
Wow,the website looks pretty sweet! My daughter has several more weeks of B-ball on Thursdays i think but i will try to make the first session for sure. This sounds awesome indeed!
Robert B.
user 12153677
Boulder, CO
Post #: 10
So, who's got character ideas already? I was hoping to play some sort of caster - wizard, witch, druid, oracle... But I think we already have an oracle.