The Denver RPG Group Message Board Board Gaming › Open Board Gaming Sat 3/15

Open Board Gaming Sat 3/15

Wendy
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 15
Hi All,

I wanted to see if any of ya'll were interested in getting together for open board gaming next Saturday 3/15/08 at St. Mark's Coffee House (17th and Race) from 3pm-close/everyone dies from overdosing on caffeine, and I win the game(s) by default. (St. Mark's is open until midnight) http://www.stmarkscof...­

I'd like to play Puerto Rico (by Rio Grande games) which will
support 3-5 players, but I am open to other games, so please feel free to BYO-Games. I will also bring along some other games, like Blokus-Trigon, Settlers of Catan-travel version, and several versions of the "Grave Robbers from Outer Space" card game by Zman games.

I am not sure how many big tables St. Marks has, so it might be best not to bring games the require huge expanses of table to play. Also, I have set this up as a meetup through "the League of Extraordinary Gamers" so feel free to go over there and sign up and register for the game officially--it should be posted there soon (I think). Otherwise just send me a message through this site.

Hope to see some of ya'll there!

Wendy
Carl S.
BOFH
Longmont, CO
Post #: 93
Thanks for the get together Wendy.

The Hobbit was an interesting game. I think if we were actually buying Gandalf's Gifts, they would have lasted longer :) And Gloom was pretty interesting. I mentioned it there but yea, we should have been in a quieter place since we were learning it as well :) Figuring out stuff while we were playing was fun :D

Good to meet new folks. James, Suzanne, Ahmed and to see you, Luke, Travis and his girlfriend (I suck with names and can't remember hers now) again.

Looking forward to another session.

Carl
len
user 6288683
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
hmm i dont know any of the games that u mentioned but if i am welcomed i will certainly try to learn them ^^
Carl S.
BOFH
Longmont, CO
Post #: 95
Well that one was from a month ago :) Wendy will certainly set up another. We played Gloom a couple of times before the Shadowrun game and it's a lot better when it's not noisy :)

Carl