Join us to march against biotech giant, Monsanto, and fight for a clean food supply!
Research studies have shown that Monsanto’s genetically-modified foods can lead to serious health conditions such as the development of cancer tumors, infertility and birth defects. In the United States, the FDA, the agency tasked with ensuring food safety for the population, is steered by ex-Monsanto executives. This is a conflict of interest and explains the lack of government-lead research on the long-term effects of GMO products. In addition, the U.S. Congress and president collectively passed the nicknamed “Monsanto Protection Act” which bans courts from halting the sale of Monsanto’s genetically-modified seeds.
For too long, Monsanto has been the benefactor of corporate subsidies and political favoritism. Organic and small farmers suffer losses while Monsanto continues to forge its monopoly over the world’s food supply. Monsanto’s GMO seeds are harmful to the environment; for example, scientists have indicated they have caused colony collapse among the world’s bee population.
We march and advocate for the following solutions:
1. Labeling of GMOs so that consumers can make informed decisions.
2. Repealing relevant provisions of the “Monsanto Protection Act.”
3. Calling for further scientific research on the health effects of GMOs.
4. Holding Monsanto-supporting politicians accountable through direct communication, grassroots journalism, social media, etc.
5. Continuing to inform the public about Monsanto’s secrets.
Please sign up to march at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SZYgY9-kCK_WHCKzSaPWSaiCcFUjmXx2-t3v5-yc6NY/viewform
Facebook MAM (march against Monsanto) page: https://www.facebook.com/MarchAgainstMonsanto.Denver
See you there!