meetup - Denver-Christian-Fellowship - GoldenGatheringDescription
ABOUT GOLDEN GATHERING
Love fellowship? Love music & worship? Like games? Need some friends? Want to belong? Come join us!
You’re invited to join us in our home for Golden Gathering!
Golden Gathering is an open house gathering of believers featuring:
For 2013 we're going to keep things light with a focus on good Christian fellowship and just enjoying each other's company.
This new format will give us a better opportunity of fulfilling our goal, which is to invite and make welcome anyone that wants to come...especially new people.
We'll have an open house with potluck, fellowship, and some fun with perhaps games, live music, or an occasional movie. Just an enjoyable evening of hanging out together.IMPORTANT: Please check this website each month for exact days/times for each event since things are subject to change based on our busy lives and time of year.
We meet at the home of Jeff & Linda
within their home in Genesee, about 10 minutes west of downtown Golden (or Colorado Mills) on I70 west at the Lookout Mtn exit on the south side (easy road less than 1 mile from the freeway exit). (Address/phone revealed once you join the group.)
Jeff's Cell: 303-888-5140
Who We Are
We are made up of folks from Golden
and surrounding Denver West communities including Golden, Evergreen, Morrison, Lakewood, Wheatridge, Arvada, Littleton, Conifer
, etc., but this group is open to ALL, from any church and from any city or area (even if you are just visiting from out of town). It is our desire to connect more with people in Golden and all of the surrounding cities and communities.
We created and host Golden Gathering (goldengathering.org)
to give people a place to connect in fellowship, to ask questions, to belong, and to bring friends to hang out in the Lord on a Saturday night.
We are mainstream Christian (more or less non-denominational). We follow the God of the Bible and try to emulate Christ and the early church (from the book of Acts) as much as possible.
All Are Welcome
We want to emphasize that EVERYONE is invited, so bring your friends and neighbors (and your instruments in case we do any live music).
EVERYONE from any church (or no church) is invited (the 'unchurched' are welcome, the 'religious' are welcome, and everything in-between). The churched and the 'un-churched', the saved, the seeking, and the lost...are all welcome!
We welcome all believers in Christ and also those seeking to know more about the Lord (those with questions who are truly seeking answers but maybe haven't made a commitment to Christ yet...especially including those who don't go to church or don't have a home church)
All ages are welcome. Feel free to invite your friends and neighbors. Kids are ok too (we've got lots of great kids movies for them, and a separate nearby room where they can play or watch a movie).
We'll do our best to make you feel welcome.
Please join us! We welcome you and look forward to meeting you!
We don't require you to RSVP, but it really helps us if you do RSVP (through this website GoldenGathering.org) so we can get a general idea of who may be coming and how many folks to expect (some times we need to order extra food).
Don't let the lack of RSVP's keep you from coming...we average 14 people even though only 3-4 usually RSVP.
Please RSVP for our next Meetup gathering.
What To Bring
- Please bring a pot-luck dish (main dish or side dish), bucket of chicken, pizza, salad, dessert, drinks, or something to share (if you run out of time and can't bring something, please just come!). We'll have a BBQ available in the spring/summer months if you want to bring meat to cook. There's also a pizza joint 5 minutes up the street (Guido's) if you want to run over there (they also have great meatball sandwiches; or Evergreen Dominos delivers.
- Feel free to bring your instruments (and maybe song chord charts) if you play guitar, djembe, stringed or wind instrument or other...bring it! Sometimes we'll try to allow for some sweet worship time depending on how things go.
- Bring a game if you want to.
- Bring your kids.
- Bring a friend or neighbor.
QUESTIONS?If you have any questions about this group, our beliefs, Christianity in general, or anything else, please feel free to contact Jeff directly through this group.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
We welcome you to join us and we look forward to meeting you!
- Join the Denver-Christian-Fellowship meetup group (so you get all the meeting updates via email & to RSVP)
- RSVP whether you can make upcoming gatherings or not
- Put our events on your calendar so you don't forget to come!
- Invite your friends & neighbors
- Come to the next Golden Gathering!
Love to fellowship, worship, or looking for a Bible study?
If you love fellowship, worship, or are looking for a Bible study please join Denver Christian Fellowship
! You can post or attend fellowship, worship, and Bible study opportunities from all around the Denver-metro area.
Founder/FacilitatorDenver Christian FellowshipGolden Gathering