Denver DevOps Meetup Message Board Denver DevOps - Discussion Forum › What do you want to hear (or talk) about?

What do you want to hear (or talk) about?

Matt K.
user 76147672
Westminster, CO
Post #: 2
Post your ideas for upcoming topics. Feel free to point fingers if you know someone who might be willing to talk about it as well.

Also, if you are interested in presenting something, this is the place to let us know.
Ed Y.
user 13996050
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
I'm s software dev tech lead so my interests are in automating project infrastructure management so my team can stay productive and so we can get continual feedback/automated corrective action on infrastructure issues. I'm not a DevOps pro, but wear that hat more and more these days so I'd like to learn more about other groups:
tooling,
best practices,
how to effectively implement Continuous Delivery
replication
failover
HA
Lots more.
Tavis A.
tavisto
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
I think we should have a discussion about CI tools. Jenkins vs Cruise Control Vs Bambo / Travis etc.
Paul O.
user 88485982
Aurora, CO
I think we should have a discussion about CI tools. Jenkins vs Cruise Control Vs Bambo / Travis etc.

I like Tavis' suggestion... CI is expected almost everywhere, but taken for-granted all too often. I would like to see someone put together best practices, pros and cons of various toolsets, etc.

- Paul
Tavis A.
tavisto
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
So, I can do a talk about the comparisons between some of the tools. If anyone wants to jump in and talk about best practices that would be great.
Tavis A.
tavisto
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
So, I can do a talk about the comparisons between some of the tools. If anyone wants to jump in and talk about best practices that would be great.
Paul O.
user 88485982
Aurora, CO
Post #: 4
Is there is still interest in learning and seeing more about deployment patterns with Docker on Marathon + Mesos? I would be willing to present on it - and this time, have a demo. :) Or, if it would be more desirable, I could put on a workshop. With Mesos 0.20 and Marathon 0.7, it becomes a lot easier to get something functional in place in a compressed amount of time.

Regards,
Paul Otto