3/20--Sunset is 7:12 pm. We're reverting to the spring format; 40 minute hard rides. Think sprints. We ride out as hard as we can for 40 minutes and turn around and come back, wherever we are. With this short a time period, we can't make it around the dam by dark, so we ride as far as we can in 40, turn around and ride back. This ride will get longer and longer as the sundown changes...in a few weeks, I'll change it to 90 min....etc.....
We meet at 530, roll at 545. We return approx 715pm. Average speeds 14-16 mph
- If you're in the parking lot before we roll, we will wait for you.
- If you are running late, call. We wait ONLY IF YOU CALL. Use discretion.
- If you do nothing, we do NOT wait.
21.5 miles. When the days permit, it's approximately 90 minutes, average 14-16mph (rolling).
- Leave 4 Mile Park heading east toward Cherry Creek State Park.
- Under 225, we go to Parker Road
- Enter the Park at the FIRST north entrance, where we regroup.
- Route 11 to East LeHigh.
- At East Lakeview we turn east, and follow the road around the lake, then cross to West Lakeview
- We regroup again at "West Shades"
- We leave the park on Route 6 and head back to the 225/Cherry Creek bike path
- Regroup at the top of the 225 underpass (seen on Route 6).
- Map: http://www.parks.state.co.us/SiteCollectionImages/parks/Parks/CherryCreek/CherryCreekTrailsMap.pdf
Here are some issues we've had that need to be avoided:
- NEVER PULL OUT IN FRONT OF A MOVING BIKER. (Don't put another in danger due to your momentary thinking lapse).
- Shoes: You MUST wear shoes that cover your entire foot, and tie tight.
- Helmets: Helmets are not legally required but they are strongly recommended. Those who do not wear one recognize that by signing up for the ride, they absolutely and unconditionally indemnify this group, it's owner, it's leaders and members, and associates for making that choice. You agree that this risk is your own choice, and accept any and all liability and absolve this group and it's members, leaders, owners, and associates and affiliates of all liability.
- Gloves: Highly recommended, but not required.
- Tube repair kit, pump, and spare tubes; all recommended. Make sure you tires are properly inflated.
- Pets are on leashes, SLOW DOWN. Owners sometimes don't know you're there and the pets can run in front of you.
- Where children are, SLOW DOWN. Kids do not know the danger---YOU DO.
- Look behind before passing
- Ride only on the right side of the road (except for passing.)
Read what to do when hit by a car. I was run over.
My phone in case of emergency related to the ride, late arrivals, or while on the ride: 3 zero three -- three eighty-eight, 8 five-five-five. Be aware that while riding, I often don't hear the ringer, or don't look until I stop--usually at the end of the ride.
OPTIONAL BEER COMPONENT THURSDAY ONLY.
Bull and Bush in Glendale is the new home for post-ride beers! I typically have lemonade.
www.bullandbush.com/ Bull & Bush Brewery. 4700 Cherry Creek Drive South; Denver CO, 80246; email@example.com; (303)[masked]
Recently, someone posted that we plan to charge for member-led rides. This is patently false. All member-led rides have, and always will be, free. You have to sign a liability waiver though....