Looking for *two to three* more geeks for our every-other-week Magic: the Gathering draft/league play group. Held at my house in Aurora, just off of I-225 and the Illiff exit. 8pm to Midnight, Saturday nights. A couple, Father-teenage child/Mother-teenage child, or small group of friends would be great. Individuals welcome, too.
Due to a scheduling fluke, we're playing both this weekend (the 30th of March) and next weekend (the 6th of April).
1. Ability to commit to showing up most of the nights, if you end up liking playing with our group.
2. Ability to pay for the cards drafted.(Typically $10 per night played, occasionally just $3. See below.)
3. Competitive is OK - competitive jerk is not. Must be able to both win and lose with dignity.
4. Ability to get along with others. We are a diverse group. Well, as diverse as a group of geeks is likely to be.
5. Knowledge of M:TG rules at a basic level is a plus, but not an absolute requirement.
6. Willing to speak with me on the phone prior to showing up the first night. (If speech is an issue, no problem. I will communicate via e-mail to accommodate any disabilities.)
Our Friday Night Magic group meets once every two weeks (typically - actual schedule occasionally varies). We've done this for almost two years now, so this is a pretty established group.
We recently lost a couple of players to out-of-state moves and I'd like to replenish. Each week we currently have 6-9 players. I can accommodate up to 12 and still stay sane!
Looking for players with some M:TG experience, although we'd take a couple or group of friends, one of whom is new and the other(s) more experienced.
Each new set release, we switch between booster drafts and league play. Currently we are doing booster drafts and are in the middle of the Gatecrash expansion. Cost is $10 for booster draft nights, or $10-12 up front for the first night of league play, and then $3 or so each night after that through the rest of the expansion. It's just the cost of the cards. There's no extra cash going into anything else.
Currently we have one couple with a teenage son, two high-school age teenage players, and the rest are adults. Age is not a huge factor, as long as the younger players have or can get a grasp of the rules and make reasonably time-efficient decisions during drafts.
We play in a casual environment. We're strict about the gameplay rules, but make adjustments to accommodate for players who need a little extra help during drafting, making matchups, etc. We are all pretty sociable people and love to spend time playing magic together. If it works out, we'd love to have similar-minded people join us.
Feel free to mark "attending" here if you like - but please contact me so we can set up a time to talk and I can answer more questions. If you can't make this weekend (due to the short notice), but can make April the 6th, that's fine, too.