Denver Geeks! Message Board › (LFG) Video game "book" club

(LFG) Video game "book" club

Cameron
camicon
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
Hello all,

I play a lot of video games and I love being able to talk about them with others who have played the game. I'm hoping to get a group started where we can decide on a game to play as a group and have periodic meetings to talk about the game and what we think of it. We could play classics, current gen titles, controversial games, or explore an entire series and discuss how it changed over time. Obviously this may be kind of limiting due to the different platforms and availability of certain games, but I'd love to see where the idea can go.

Also, I'd like to avoid any console or PC-bashing so let's try to keep the comments about platform "superiority" to a minimum. I'm just looking to have fun playing and discussing games with others. On that note, the platforms that I own are: PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, GBA SP, and a Mac.

Please respond if you're interested in joining in on the fun! :)
Cameron
camicon
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
In case anyone is curious, I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag and it's pretty good. I plan on finishing Fallout: New Vegas afterward because I got the new AC over the holidays and started playing it without finishing my FNV file.
Moseph
user 122669602
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
I would love to join. I enjoy playing video games and sharing my experiences with others. I'm currently jumping back and forth between Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Fable, and Neverwinter Nights 2. ^^;

Were you thinking of meeting weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?
Cameron
camicon
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
I was thinking of meeting either weekly or bi-weekly. I understand that people are probably busy and may not have time to meet up every week or make significant progress in whatever game they may be playing at the moment.
Rich
user 23989712
Denver, CO
Post #: 12
this is something i'd be interested in. we could hit up cheap classics on gog.com as well as future major releases. for playstation users we could also use the free games on ps+
Katherine
quaxlike1
Denver, CO
Post #: 46
I'd be totally up for it if the games were accessible and I had a month to play them. With enough people, we could also consider using a meeting room at the library, maybe set up some screens.
Cameron
camicon
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
How would you guys feel about meeting sometime mid-March to talk about the group together? I'll go ahead and try suggesting a meetup to the whole group to see if that can drum up some more interest.

Here is the link to said event:
http://www.meetup.com...­
AM
AM129
Denver, CO
Post #: 8
Horrors! It turns out I don't have Fez. Coulda' sworn I did. But hey, GOG is currently running a promotion (for St. Paddy's Day) where you can get it relatively cheap. I bought in a "build your own bundle" with five other games for $11. Jeez, I sound like a crummy commercial.
Katherine
quaxlike1
Denver, CO
Post #: 48
For those looking: http://www.gog.com/lu...­
Also, how does GOG work?
Eric L.
Bluedemon82384
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
GOG allows you to buy new pc and mac games without having to purchase them through a separate client like Steam or Origin, instead you just buy the game and install directly onto your hard drive. A nice system for those who don't want to use Steam or Origin or any other weird client. They might give you a steam code as well, but I can't remember, all the games I bought from GOG were older. Also GOG is more well known for taking older games like the Ultima series that in their original forms aren't playable on current machines because they were originally designed for Windows 98 systems and makes them playable on current operating systems. I have for example Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri on my Windows 7 machine, which if you had the original game more than likely wouldn't work, but GOG made it playable on current systems. It's a very nice store for older "retro" PC games. They also have obviously newer ones as well.