Denver Java Users Group Message Board › ServiceMagic needs a new mid-level Java Developer!
ServiceMagic is looking for a mid-level Java Developer to join our team of intelligent, self-driven developers and ultimately help enhance the rapidly growing J2EE web site of one of Denver’s most successful internet companies. ServiceMagic is a small, rapid-iteration shop where developers get to expand beyond narrow, isolated programming tasks and influence all parts of the stack. Our highly interactive environment offers a place where technology gets built and deployed fast enough for you to have an impact every single week.
Why do WE like working here? Simple – our product, what we do, and the people we work with.
We need coders who are:
- Smart – Are you a problem solver, thinker, tryer, tinkerer, learner, or doer? Our team strives to research and solve technical challenges regardless of where they lie.
- Full stack capable – Are you someone who grasps how to write software? Someone who can and will do development anywhere necessary to deliver a solution (on a GUI, configuring a server, etc.)? Our environment lets you learn and develop across the stack.
- Iteration believers – Do you like small, short release cycles because you think that’s the best way to add quality features and not work everyone to the bone? We don’t ever tread water, but we also don’t do “death marches.”
- Fun lovers – Being part of the team is critical to success at ServiceMagic. We want folks who work and play hard. Nerf and ping-pong skills are a plus.
What it takes to work here:
- 4-5+ years of concentrated Internet-focused Java J2EE development at all parts of the stack.
- Ability to help advance design, model solutions, think critically, and contribute in the give-and-take of Agile development.
- Ability to work with experts from product development, marketing, test/QA, and other collaboration partners
- Ability to think, contribute and be accountable in a fast-paced dynamic team environment with weekly small releases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A good sense of humor.
- Ability to understand abstract problems and provide innovative solutions.
- Solid understanding of OO analysis, design and implementation.
- Servlet Container or Application Server experience
- Spring/MVC or other similar frameworks
- SQL, JDBC
Bonus points for:
- Web Services, JMS, MBeans
- RIA Web Frameworks
- NOSQL Offerings (Mongo DB, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc.)
- Amazon Cloud Offerings
Please note that all candidates must be eligible to work for any US-based company as a W2 employee without sponsorship or visa transfer. NO third parties. All candidates who see a strong fit with their experiences and background are encouraged to apply. All candidates must apply online at http://servicemagic.s....