Denver Java Users Group Message Board › ETL Developer- Broomfield
|A former member||
This company is a fantastic organization with great benefits that are 100% employer paid for both you and any children on the plan. you can choose if you want to work on a PC or Mac, once a year they will pay for a conference and/or training of your choice, and you will rarely work overtime or weekends…these are just a few of the extraordinary perks that you will experience!!
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for the development of ETL Jobs for a profitable and growing e-commerce company. The individual will be proficient in database concepts, database querying and java development. The candidate will need to be a highly motivated self-starter who should be able to take a set of requirements and work in a hands off environment. The ideal candidate would also have OLTP and Data Warehousing experience.
The primary objectives for this role are:
• Work with the business intelligence and the development team to extract data from the OLTP system and present it in a format to support the BI team.
• Ability to maintain and design new ETL jobs to support extracting and transforming data into the warehouse.
• Troubleshoot data issues and come up with fixes to ensure data accuracy.
• Communicate and be able to translate business requirements and design ETL jobs to support them.
Any applicant to this position must have:
• Good understanding of SQL concepts, with at least two years of SQL experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of working experience in java.
• 2 or more years of experience with Oracle/MySQL databases.
• Ability to take a business requirement and come up with a Data Model to support it.
• Good communication and analytical skills.
• Work experience in a continuous integration environment with hands on experience in working with build systems like Ant / Maven / Gradle etc.
• Be willing to work in a rapid pace development environment with scheduled release commitments.
• At least one year of experience working in a Unix environment and be comfortable with most of the basic unix commands.
Additional skillsets desired:
• Working experience in ETL tools like Talend, Pervasive, Informatica etc. is highly desired.
• Work experience in a Data Warehouse environment with a good understanding of the working principals of a good warehouse.
• Advanced database tuning concepts and SQL Optimization would be preferable.
• Experience working with database standards and conventions
• Good understanding of BigData concepts & some experience with NoSQL like databases (Cassandra,HBase etc.)
• Developing applications in a Servlet/J2EE container.
• Good working knowledge of spring framework, JPA concepts.
• Experience writing unit tests in JUnit.
• Experience working in an Agile development environment.
• Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or relevant work experience.
The company has a rare mix of a great culture, the excitement and innovation of a start-up, and yet the stability and profitability of an established business. If you are interested in a company where your contribution is valued and where work/life balance is a daily practice, let me know and we can set up a time to talk about it.
This is a full-time position in Broomfield with a competitive salary, a year- end bonus and an employee equity sharing plan.
For immediate consideration please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org