Denver Java Users Group Message Board › Senior Java Software Engineer (Long Term Contract) - Denver, CO
|A former member||
Here is your opportunity to be a key member of an innovative, ground-breaking software company in the medical industry that truly contributes to safe, high quality, and efficient patient care. You’ll report to the CIO as a key contributor to the design, architecture and development of our existing flagship product. You’ll work closely with the CIO to implement an Agile software develop lifecycle and transition our development efforts to an in-house team. We operate primarily in a virtual environment, so your ability to work productively from your home office is important. We’re looking for your experience with transaction-based, client-server and web-enabled software applications. Here is your opportunity to break into the healthcare software industry and make an immediate contribution. Are you up for a new challenge?
How you’ll spend your day:
• Working closely with the CIO and Product owner to review the current state architecture, document findings and recommend an appropriate course of action that will ensure a stable, useful and elegant product for our customers
• Providing technical guidance and skillful development in support of our current and future product plans
• Contributing to the implementation of architecture best-practices for the products
• Collaborating with the CIO to build a strong development team and a great environment for developers
• Working with the CIO to ensure best coding and design practices are part of the software development lifecycle
• Providing recommendations and input into ROI decisions related to multi-tier architectures
What you’ll bring to the table:
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or engineering. A Master’s degree would be great!
• 5+ years of experience with Java and a demonstrable combination of expertise with these components: Java desktop frameworks, J2SE, EJB 3.0, JSP, Java Swing, web services, Hibernate, iBatis, Drools, JBOSS, JProbe, Apache, WebSphere, Eclipse, JDBC, SOA suite, SQL Server, search technologies ( SOLR)
• Comfortable using T-SQL for CRUD calls to the database
• Your ability to effectively estimate level of effort and determine resource requirements in order to meet project deadlines
• Your gift for being able to articulate ideas and contribute to cost/benefit discussions with an eye toward business value rather than the ‘cool factor’
• Comfortable working in an n-tiered architecture.
• Exposure to mobile applications – and an interest in developing this skill
• A sharp mind with a knack for picking up new concepts quickly and filling in the blanks when given an abstract objective
• Ability to multi-task and switch priorities as needed
• Goal oriented – and driven to meet deadlines
• Creative problem solver and logical thinker
• Outstanding attention to detail
Our team members enjoy:
• A flexible and productive work environment
• The opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the medical community
• Your chance to make a significant difference in the lives of patients and their families
Goldstone Partners is helping this very special organization find talented professionals who want to be part of the future of healthcare. Please send your resume to me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only please. Sponsorships cannot be supported at this time.