Denver Java Users Group Message Board › JAVA Software Application Engineer
|A former member||
To apply please visit: jobsearch.schwab.com/viewjob.html?erjob=222292&eresc=DJUGMeetup-AB
The Fixed Income Technology team develops and maintains Schwab BondSource (SBS), Schwab's Fixed Income Trading application. SBS provide a Fixed Income trading platform to Schwab's internal and external clients (schwab.com, Schwab Advisor Center) as well as external dealer and regulatory agency systems.
Brief Description of Role:
This is a Java application developer role, responsible for maintenance and production support activities for the Java-based SBS application. The candidate will work closely with a team of senior developers and an offshore development team in a fast-paced development environment. The core job responsibilities are to document, develop and deploy Java application changes.
This position requires a highly motivated and well-organized developer, familiar with distributed systems. The candidate must be able to manage a dynamic workload, keeping track of work priorities and escalating issues when appropriate. Clear and concise oral and written communication skills are essential as well as the ability to give informal presentations and actively participate in meetings. This is a staff level position, and requires the ability to develop Java code with minimal assistance, based on designs provided by technical leads. This position requires a minimum of 4 years’ experience developing Java applications in a UNIX environment. Experience in C++, Web services or mainframe applications are a plus.
Specific qualifications include:
• Strong UNIX skills, troubleshooting log files, data files and Unix shell scripting
• Proficient with creating complex SQL queries using advanced Oracle 11g functions using tools like TOAD
• Experience with coding/running jobs in ESP job scheduler
• Expertise in Java EE development skills
• Expertise with Java technologies like EJBs, MDBs, JTA, JMS, JDBC , JSF
• Knowledge of application servers: WebSphere , RAD are preferred
• Good understanding of XML technologies such as XSLT, XSD and XQuery
• Good understanding of design patterns such as MVC, Abstract Factory and DAO
• Experience with frameworks such as Spring and understanding of UML.
• Experience with development methodologies such as Agile or RUP.