addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Denver Java Users Group Message Board › Entry Level Developer Looking for Mentor

Entry Level Developer Looking for Mentor

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello Everyone. I know there are mostly just job postings on the discussion board, but I thought I would post about mentorship. I just graduated about 6 months ago with a computer science degree, and have been working as an entry level software developer. I haven't been able to go to any of the meetings, but I would like to reach out to the more experienced developers to get advice and tips. I am interested in possibly specializing in UX Design and Web Development. I am interested in knowing your different specializations, how you got into the position you are in, what kind of training did you have to do to obtain your job (i.e. grad school, training sessions, certifications), how do you stay current with the frequent changes in technologies, and any other tips you might have.