Denver Java Users Group Message Board › Java EE Training

Java EE Training

Kyle
user 7612283
Golden, CO
Post #: 1
Anyone have a good recommendation for Java EE 7 training in the Denver/Boulder area? I've got my Java SE 7 certification, and I've been cracking the books studying EE 7, Maven and Spring. But I keep running into obstacles (mostly having to do with confusion surrounding the myriad libraries!) which take hours upon hours to get past, so I feel like the only thing to do is sign up for live training where I can have someone who can put me on a clear path and answer my questions directly. So I'm looking for a reputable training organization in the area. Any recommendations?
Dana D.
user 64448892
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
I was like you, Kyle. A little older, trying to change careers. I don't know of a good JEE training center, but Regis Univ has good JEE courses in their Software Eng certificate program, and also for their Masters program. But to genuinely learn JEE is to do it at work everyday. The Colorado Judicial Branch is a Java "shop" that has good entry-level Java jobs where I got started (they expect you to be knowledgeable in Java, but not know JEE for a Programmer I position). See if they have any positions. Peace.
Kyle
user 7612283
Golden, CO
Post #: 2
Thanks Dana. Good to hear I'm not the only one making this crazy leap! I've also just discovered Virtual Pair Programmers, which is a catalog of training videos. A bit expensive, but nowhere near the cost of a live class. I've been going through the course on build tools this weekend, and so far it's been very good. I'll check out the Colorado Judicial Branch. Thanks for the lead!
Kyle
user 7612283
Golden, CO
Post #: 3
Here is a link to Colorado Judicial Branch's posting on a Java position: http://www.courts.sta...­