Denver Java Users Group Message Board › Experienced Ruby Developers looking to work for a well known Denver based co
Ruby/Rails Full Stack Developer (6 month+)
Want to work with Ruby? Be a mentor? Work with the latest tech developments?
Looking to work for a very reputable and stable Denver based company?
Based in the Denver Tech Center, our client is seeking highly motivated, skilled, and experienced developers to assist the firm’s internet development team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building innovative and engaging web applications that solve the firm’s business challenges. This job requires a candidate with a solid web development track record along with strong communication and collaboration skills, a can-do attitude, creative imagination, who can join the team and make an immediate impact. Following a quick onboarding process, the candidate will be assigned to one of the team’s existing agile teams where they will be responsible for design, development and testing of our site’s new features.
• Participate in all aspects of the system development life cycle with specific focus on the design, estimation, construction, unit and integration testing of both service and web user interfaces
• Collaborate with our business partners as well as other development, infrastructure and QA- groups to deliver business-focused solutions on time and within budget
• Provide hands-on leadership throughout agile development lifecycle from architecture through testing and support
• Collaborate with and mentor technical colleagues
• Work with vendors and service providers to integrate external services
• Develop high-quality implementations following established development processes
• Provide post implementation support and on call production support of application suite
• Identify and implement monitoring and preventative maintenance as required.
• Keep abreast of the latest developments in Internet technologies
Competencies for Success:
• 6+ years of experience in building and supporting web applications
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Ruby/Rails including: erb and ActiveRecord.
• Knowledge of object-oriented design and in particular Ruby design patterns and idioms
• Strong test discipline with proficiency in Ruby based automated testing.
• Strong understanding of REST interface design and practices
• Proficient in using relational SQL (Sybase, Oracle) and NOSQL (MongoDB)
• Experience with directory and security related technologies including LDAP a plus
If interested and qualified feel free to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call in the office at 720-744-6586