Denver Java Users Group Message Board › Got Java? Got Work/Life Balance? Got Modern Technolgies?
Our client in Broomfield is growing and looking to add a key member to their development team to focus on Full Stack development.
This person will develop Java-based web applications as part small agile development team for a profitable, growing e-commerce site. Applications are built on a Spring / Hibernate stack, deployed on Apache Tomcat application server, fronted by Apache, running on Linux and FreeBSD. The development team uses an Agile development methodology (a mix of Scrum and Extreme Programming) which requires close collaboration among developers, and also between developers and business owners.
• Strong Java skills
• Good understanding of SQL concepts, with at least two years of SQL experience.
• Java/Tomcat web application development
• Experience with ORM technologies
• Build and read regular expressions
• Proficient using Unix/Linux based OS
• Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
• Agile development experience (e.g. Scrum or Extreme Programming).
• 2 or more years of experience with Postgres/MySQL databases.
• Ability to transform business requirements into an appropriate data model
• Work experience in a Data Warehouse environment with a strong understanding of the principals of data warehousing.
• Developing applications in a Servlet/J2EE container.
• They are a very collaborative group. They actually get up and walk over to talk to you versus IM’g you when you sit in the same office.
• They are always open to new ways of doing things. They are the market leader in their space so they must be forward-thinking.
• They embrace open source technologies and have monthly brown bag lunches to talk about new tools.
• You get to pick any conference or training you want to attend each year on their dime.
• They actually work 40 hours a week – period.
• They have paid their yearly bonus every year since They’ve been in business (1998).
• They have a fun team with a lot of really smart people. They don’t invest much time in titles, egos or office politics. They just like to build great products for our customers.
Interested? We are actively interviewing and would love to get someone on board ASAP.
This is a full-time position with an aggressive salary, bonus and employee equity shares. We have a full benefit plan where we pay 100% for the employee.
Please forward a resume to: email@example.com