Denver Java Users Group Message Board › Java Architect Wanted, Boulder
|A former member||
We are looking to add a senior level development professional to our team in Boulder to help architect the long-term roadmap; update, secure and bring together our different applications. You will be leading a small team but will also be very hands on in the daily build cycles.
Collaborate with business partners to ensure alignment of the overall platform with business strategies.
Lead scenario planning process and creation, validation and reviews, including rapid prototyping and proof of concepts.
Actively seek opportunities for innovation and creative problem solving.
Coach and mentor team members, enable knowledge sharing on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and frameworks.
Instruct and guide the team to ensure that appropriate processes and documentation are in use by the team.
Ensure compliance to the defined standards.
Actively look for opportunities to modify and enhance standards per the needs of the department.
Develop documentation templates and enforce creation of artifacts throughout the solution development lifecycle.
Identify relative strengths and weaknesses of the teams and identify ways to improve their skill sets (conferences, classes, 1-on-1 learning opportunities).
Determine the appropriateness of the existing technologies, services, and tools associated with the entire platform and then make decisions related to evolving, replacing and/or refactoring where appropriate.
Understand the business from a broad, conceptual level down to the very detailed level to ensure that the frameworks and components meet the needs of the company and its customers.
Ensure that technical debt is kept at a minimum on a rapidly growing and diversifying technical foundation.
Work directly with the CEO and other business partners to determine short, mid- and long-term needs and plans for the platform and its continued evolution.
Actively research ways to introduce new tools and technologies that help accelerate plans and competitive advantage.
Lead implementation of processes and supporting tools as new needs are identified.
Analyze process gaps, provide cost estimates for business solutions, define the initial scope/requirements of the projects and track scope during the lifecycle of the project.
Coordinate timelines for the delivery of functionality across phases and iterations to meet business needs/time-to-market needs.
What we’d like to see:
• 7+ years Architectural and development experience with proven track record building Web Services, SaaS and Cloud-based solutions
• Strong understanding of the web technology stack, e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, caching, DNS lookup, etc.
• Heavy experience with Spring, REST/REST+, Hibernate, JSON, Apache/Tomcat, Nginx, OAuth,
• Experience working with Git, Subversion or other SCM tools
• Experience with AWS/S3
• Extensive understanding of and experience with software engineering concepts and methodologies, including agile lifecycles, testing automation, and behavior-driven development
• Strong background in object-oriented architecture, design and development -- Experience with multiple OO languages a plus. Our expectation is you will bring deep SOA expertise.
• High-energy and detail-oriented, with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results; good at organizing and planning for several concurrent initiatives with conflicting needs.
• Solid leadership and relationship skills, with ability to influence others without having direct authority, sell solutions and vision, influence cross-functional groups or matrixed project teams, and bring groups to consensus, along with strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Experience building a development platform from the ground up
• Experience refactoring a live platform
• Experience bringing together disparate team members and systems
• Fluency in design patterns and engineering best practices
• Current experience in delivering technical solutions and capabilities to meet business and product strategies, including a focused relationship with technical and business providers.
• Creative, yet pragmatic team-oriented professional who enjoys the process of collaboration.
• B.S. preferred , Computer Science, Software Engineering
You will be working in downtown Boulder within walking distance to great restaurants, the creek and world class breweries. We enjoy a laid back culture but we also know how to dig in and get it done each day. You will be working on exciting new projects and helping to build and mentor a top notch team.