The Denver Photo Hikers Message Board › Canon Workshops at RMNP Aug 5-11

Canon Workshops at RMNP Aug 5-11

A former member
Post #: 2
Canon is doing 3x/day workshops at RMNP.

Has anyone attended and can comment?

http://www.usa.canon....­

SUN 8/05 Rocky Mountain National Park Fall River Visitor Center 8:30 AM 12:30 PM 4:30 PM
MON 8/06 Rocky Mountain National Park Fall River Visitor Center 8:30 AM 12:30 PM 4:30 PM
TUES 8/07 Rocky Mountain National Park Fall River Visitor Center 8:30 AM 12:30 PM 4:30 PM
WED 8/08 Rocky Mountain National Park Fall River Visitor Center 8:30 AM 12:30 PM 4:30 PM
THUR 8/09 Rocky Mountain National Park Fall River Visitor Center 8:30 AM 12:30 PM 4:30 PM
FRI 8/10 Rocky Mountain National Park Fall River Visitor Center 8:30 AM 12:30 PM 4:30 PM
SAT 8/11 Rocky Mountain National Park Fall River Visitor Center 8:30 AM 12:30 PM 4:30 PM

Erin S.
Erin_S.
Denver, CO
Post #: 23
This looks great, Michelle! I would love to talk to them about taking us as a group if they would!
David R.
DaveRod
Aurora, CO
Post #: 12
I looked at the Canon website. I could not see anything about a cost or price for the classes. And I could not find a way to sign up ahead of time for the class. So I assume it's first come first serve. Wish they put more info on the web site.
David R.
DaveRod
Aurora, CO
Post #: 13
I had emailed a question to Canon earlier and just got this response. The question was about signing up for the photo classes at Rocky Mtn Ntl Park.

Dear David,

In short, that's right! We do recommend that you arrive at least 1/2 hour early to the registration tent to ensure that you are able to check out equipment if necessary. However, registration begins right before the session itself, so there's no pre-registration required. Just be there the day-of, and we'll be thrilled to include you in the session! We hope this helps, and please feel free to write back if you have any other questions.

Your friend at Canon,

Jessica

I hope this helps others about the Canon photo classes at Rocky Mtn Ntl Park.
A former member
Post #: 3
Thanks to all for the research.

This Saturday is the last day it looks like so I hope someone does make it and reports back. I am booked through Sat unfortunately.
Ed F.
user 47237212
Arvada, CO
Post #: 1
I went on Sunday. If you have lots of experience with your camera and pretty well understand light, you won't get too much out of it.
They divided the people into two groups, the beginner group and the intermediate group, I was with the intermediate group. The instructors are all real nice, friendly and knowledgeable. They just went out behind the visitors center and gave some insights into lighting and composition, talked a lot about white balance, and of course spent all the time encouraging you to use and learn/understand shooting in manual mode.
Like i said if your well versed in all of the above then you may not get as much out of the time spent then those that are just getting into shooting manual. I will say however that you can ask anything and they are more than happy to give you one on one help..oh another thing the girl who was leading my group did, was spend a fair amount of time showing and talking about using the histogram in the camera for better results.
There were a number of things that I found helpful and its always nice to go to Estes Park (except for the tons of tourists) and into RMNP.
I hope this helps anyone that is thinking about going..
ed