The Denver Photo Hikers Message Board › Fall color hikes to be posted SOON!!

Fall color hikes to be posted SOON!!

Erin S
user 58403502
Group Organizer
Golden, CO

Hey Everyone!

SAVE THE DATES!

I just wanted to let you know that this weekend, I will be posting a couple of Fall Color hikes!

The date of the first hike will be Saturday, September 15. Location TBD, but am considering Abyss Trail.

The second hike will be an overnight weekend trip!! Yay!! We will depart Friday night, Sept 21st, after work to stay in Carbondale, and will drive Saturday about 45-60 minutes to a moderate 5-8 mile (roundtrip) trail which is TBD on Kebler Pass (THE best place to see fall color!!)

Kebler Pass, October 2008

I have booked 2 rooms for 6 people already at my employee discount at the Comfort Suites in Carbondale. The rates are $55-69 per room / per night plus tax, to be split up between yourself and your roommates. The rooms are King Suites plus a queen sofa sleeper. Two people can sleep in the king, 1-2 people on the sofabed, and we can see if they can squeeze in a rollaway for an additional $10/night if the room space allows. I was only able book 3 rooms online (my room plus the 2 suites), but I will call the hotel directly to see if they will work on a rate for us for additional rooms. The plan may call for Friday night in Carbondale, and Saturday night in Gunnison. Details still to be ironed out. There are many logistics to put in place for the Kebler Pass hike, so it's going to take some time to get it posted. I just wanted to let everyone know that there's no way we would go without Fall color hikes for our group, and to set the dates!

I am also posting this email to the Message Board if you would like to reply to it so that everyone can discuss it prior to actual formal posting.

See you all soon!

Erin

A former member
Post #: 18
Sounds good, Erin. We're going up the Abyss Trail tomorrow (probably too early for much color), so I can report on that if the group decides to go the following weekend.
Erin S
user 58403502
Group Organizer
Golden, CO
Post #: 2
Sounds good, Erin. We're going up the Abyss Trail tomorrow (probably too early for much color), so I can report on that if the group decides to go the following weekend.

That would be great! Thanks so much Alex!! :)
A former member
Post #: 3
If they don't work with you on the price, I can book a couple with my federal gov discount at $84 which is still cheaper than their $114 "Best Available".
Erin S
user 58403502
Group Organizer
Golden, CO
Post #: 3
If they don't work with you on the price, I can book a couple with my federal gov discount at $84 which is still cheaper than their $114 "Best Available".

Thanks, Cindy! I will definitely keep that in mind as an option! :)
Dan
user 13244800
Littleton, CO
Post #: 10
I woudn't be able to make the first hike but am up for the overnight. I'd need to carpool (and share gas expenses) but it sounds like a blast. Last year I got to see the golden aspens near Breckenridge and it was awesome. Fall foliage with great people to hang with and cameras. Sounds groovy!
Don
user 14142557
Denver, CO
Post #: 2

Hey Erin!!! My hiking group will be up at Carbondale/Marble on the same week you're having your overnight in Carbondale. We'll be hiking The Crystal Mill and Crystal City and then on Sunday we're hittin' the Maroon Bells in Aspen. I would love to invite you're group to a campfire party Friday and Saturday nights at the Bogan Flats Campgroup. I belong to your group so come on up and hang out with us.
See ya later Erin!!!
Sincerely,
Don

SAVE THE DATES!

I just wanted to let you know that this weekend, I will be posting a couple of Fall Color hikes!

The date of the first hike will be Saturday, September 15. Location TBD, but am considering Abyss Trail.

The second hike will be an overnight weekend trip!! Yay!! We will depart Friday night, Sept 21st, after work to stay in Carbondale, and will drive Saturday about 45-60 minutes to a moderate 5-8 mile (roundtrip) trail which is TBD on Kebler Pass (THE best place to see fall color!!)

Kebler Pass, October 2008

I have booked 2 rooms for 6 people already at my employee discount at the Comfort Suites in Carbondale. The rates are $55-69 per room / per night plus tax, to be split up between yourself and your roommates. The rooms are King Suites plus a queen sofa sleeper. Two people can sleep in the king, 1-2 people on the sofabed, and we can see if they can squeeze in a rollaway for an additional $10/night if the room space allows. I was only able book 3 rooms online (my room plus the 2 suites), but I will call the hotel directly to see if they will work on a rate for us for additional rooms. The plan may call for Friday night in Carbondale, and Saturday night in Gunnison. Details still to be ironed out. There are many logistics to put in place for the Kebler Pass hike, so it's going to take some time to get it posted. I just wanted to let everyone know that there's no way we would go without Fall color hikes for our group, and to set the dates!

I am also posting this email to the Message Board if you would like to reply to it so that everyone can discuss it prior to actual formal posting.

See you all soon!

Erin

Erin S
user 58403502
Group Organizer
Golden, CO
Post #: 4

Hey Erin!!! My hiking group will be up at Carbondale/Marble on the same week you're having your overnight in Carbondale. We'll be hiking The Crystal Mill and Crystal City and then on Sunday we're hittin' the Maroon Bells in Aspen. I would love to invite you're group to a campfire party Friday and Saturday nights at the Bogan Flats Campgroup. I belong to your group so come on up and hang out with us.
See ya later Erin!!!
Sincerely,
Don

Don,

Thank you for the invite! I love a campfire and your invite sounds awesome, but I don't think it would work since we are coming up after work on Friday, getting into Carbondale around 9p, +/- 1hr or so, and we'll be in Crested Butte Saturday night. I hope your weekend is fun! If it turns out that we can join you, I'll let you know.

-Erin
A former member
Post #: 19

That would be great! Thanks so much Alex!! :)

Colors were amazing today! You may have a little more orange/red next week. There are some stands 2.2 - 2.5mi in and then again about 3.5 - 4.0 miles. A few stream crossings over logs. Here's a sample of what we saw:

Abyss Trail Autumn Colors
A former member
Post #: 17
Hi all! Haven't been on a hike with this group before, but would love to! Can you give me any info on the actual hike part? How hard, long, etc? Thanks! Ali