Becky
user 80350272
Denver, CO
Post #: 21
I'm new to tarot and got a new book today, it said that I shouldn't do readings for anyone not even myself until the person in the book tells me I'm ready is this true if I do reading for myself or family can I cause confusion and trouble?
thank you
Becky
John Michael A.
JohanAyin
Denver, CO
Post #: 21
Just because it's in a book doesn't make it gospel truth. Experience is the best teacher, and by that token the only way you can improve your readings is through practice. I'm not sure how whomever wrote the book is going to be able to assess your ability anyway.
Richard H.
user 80990122
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
John is right on about this. Its best if you tell someone you are just learning when you do read for others and ask them for feed back so you know how you are doing. Trust your intuition and do not limit yourself to only what the author of the book says.
Becky
user 80350272
Denver, CO
Post #: 24
hear ya, I guess I can practice on myself, thanks for the feedback
bb
Becky
John Michael A.
JohanAyin
Denver, CO
Post #: 22
I'd encourage you to drop into the DTM socials as well. These are great opportunities to pick up new tips and techniques as well as getting practice reading for others in a relaxed, non-judgmental atmosphere.