Derby Peoples Kitchen arose from a discussion at the Mapping Alternative Derby Open Space Technology event around the flailing sense of community and a PK potentially offering some resolve to this.
The people's kitchen is available to contact via:
Taken from "http://peopleskitchen.tumblr.com/peoples_kitchen"
People’s Kitchen is:
* A chance for a community to get together and socialise
* A cheap, inclusive, ethical and healthy meal
We do it:
- To provide an outlet for food that is sustainable, healthy and local, affordable and inclusive
- To provide an opportunity for people and organisations in our town to socialise together
- To create an event that is about shared responsibility & mutual aid
- Because we wanted to make an immediate difference in our community in a way that didn’t involve lots of meetings and committees
We serve exclusively vegan food because:
- it’s ethical
- it’s cheap
- it’s environmentally more sustainable
- in terms of food hygiene it’s easier and simpler to prepare
- it’s accessible to the most people in terms of dietary, cultural and religious requirements
This event is still looking for a chef - feel free to email me if you are interested in this exciting feel good volunteering opportunity!!