Summer HEAT is here!!! SO?
Shuttle starts at 6:15 Sharp. Figure out what time you need to be there to have your boats down to the water and ready for paddle before then or arrange for your own shuttle back from Phon D, someone will be gracious enough to help
We will still move at an overall leisurely pace, but paddle thru the flats.
This should not be your first time in a kayak. Please no pets, children or alcohol.
Be prepared to be on the water for about 3 hours and to paddle (not just drift) a distance of 8 miles with some current assist. Click here for a map.
By sending an RSVP for this event you agree to wear a life jacket at all times while on the water, agree to paddle at a faster pace and to not consume alcohol prior to or during the event.
• Meet at the Water Users Bus Stop #1 Parking Lot in time to carry boats to the water and be ready for the shuttle.
• Start shuttle at 6:15 sharp
• Shuttle vehicles to the take-out at Phon D Sutton. Several drivers will need to graciously volunteer to transport other drivers back to Water Users. Later arrivals may have to leave their vehicles at Water Users and arrange a ride back to their vehicles after the paddle.
• Safety briefing and launch will occur as soon as the shuttle drivers return from Phon D.
What to bring
• Your own kayak(or canoe), paddle, and PFD. Kayak and Canoe Rentals are NOT available at the Salt River
•One Tonto Forest Parking Pass per vehicle (The cost is $6. You do not need the watercraft sticker for canoe/kayak). Passes are available at most gas stations along Power Rd south of the 202. Check the Tonto Forest site for a complete list of other locations. Passes are NOT available at or anywhere near Water Users Parking lot.
• Sun protection - Sunscreen, sunglasses, SPF rated clothing, hat.
• Strap to prevent loss of glasses.
• 1 to 2 liters of water.
• Clothes that you can get wet.
• Protection for anything that should not get wet or lost (dry bag or waterproof container)..
• Footwear with a heel or heel strap - no flip flops
• Second set of clothes to leave in your vehicle for a dry ride home
• Snacks for a "lunch" when we stop for a break.
• Waterproof camera.
• Event Hosts are volunteers and this is not a fee for service event. It is your responsibility to determine if your physical condition and ability are appropriate for the requirements of the event. Please contact the event host if you have any questions
• Each member is responsible for their own safety. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the host directly or post a message to the meetup event.
• Each member is responsible for the safety and behavior of any guests they bring.
• Please refer to DMP Event Policies for additional information.
Happy Paddling! Hope to see you on the Water!