Alexandria is an icon for professional design. From print to web design, from packaging to environmental design, the city is filled with tremendously talented professionals who are passionate about design as a method of problem-solving. Although our backgrounds are diverse, we are unified in our mission to create innovative, useful, and emotionally-charged experiences. We aim for unobtrusive, long-lasting, honest, and very human design. Our purpose is to promote and encourage professional design in Alexandria.
With our proximity to the incredible startup scene in Washington DC, it is our duty to lead innovation through great design. You should join this group if you love what you do, thrive on creating experiences that other people will fall in love with, and want to connect with other passionate designers in Alexandria.
Topics we tend to cover:
- Learning about print and web design and development
- Understanding new technologies (design, coding)
- Client relationships and project management
- Feedback and critique of work
- Creating optimal user experience
What this meetup is not:
- A resource for design hobbyists
- A discussion of the generic definition of “design” as applied outside of the professional meaning
- A recruitment platform