Desserts with Jane Message Board › Writing/Brainstorming Session?

Writing/Brainstorming Session?

Marni
user 24371132
Arlington, VA
Post #: 45
Seeking partners for an informal writing get-together.

I finally have an idea for a story (loosely based on a Jane Austen novel--hey, it worked for Helen Fielding so why not?) but I need some enforced discipline to actually start writing it, and a little brainstorming to hammer out the full storyline would be welcome too. Would anyone be interested in getting together after work one evening next week and/or for a few hours on a Sunday morning to do a little writing and brainstorming together? We could discuss our respective story ideas, make suggestions, and get some writing done too. Treats optional but welcome.

Marni
Ruth U.
user 16467901
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 4
Love this idea!

I'm not sure if I'm qualified to offer feedback on a novel, but I'd enjoy bouncing ideas around, and reading/editing if you want! I keep wanting to write a story too...as of yet it's pie in the sky.

I'm free to meet next Friday (July 7) anytime.
A former member
Post #: 39
Seeking partners for an informal writing get-together.

I finally have an idea for a story (loosely based on a Jane Austen novel--hey, it worked for Helen Fielding so why not?) but I need some enforced discipline to actually start writing it, and a little brainstorming to hammer out the full storyline would be welcome too. Would anyone be interested in getting together after work one evening next week and/or for a few hours on a Sunday morning to do a little writing and brainstorming together? We could discuss our respective story ideas, make suggestions, and get some writing done too. Treats optional but welcome.

Marni
I suggest that your heroine not share her bed with mummies and vampires . tongue
Marni
user 24371132
Arlington, VA
Post #: 46
Mummies and vampires definitely do NOT feature in the story!

Ruth, thanks for being willing to be my sounding board and apologies for not getting back to you promptly. I'll email you separately to set up a time to get together.