Detroit Drunken Historical Society Message Board › Rathskeller alternative Dec. 6

Rathskeller alternative Dec. 6

Adam
user 4226871
Dearborn, MI
Post #: 18
I don't know about any of the rest who were signed up for tomorrow's event at the Dakota Inn but now I have an empty evening. So I'm suggesting an unofficial, non sanctioned, non historical, non meetup at Woodward Ave. Brewing (WAB) in Ferndale instead starting at 7pm. Who's in?
chip m.
user 120385802
Detroit, MI
Post #: 1
Oh well, it looks as if the Dakota Inn has been cancelled for some unexplained reason ( might that make 2 Fridays in a row?). And the 80th aniviversary of prohibition scheduled for tonight seems to be in disarray. I don't know if these guys are really drunk or work for the Obama administration.
Adam
user 4226871
Dearborn, MI
Post #: 19
Thanks, now you've just made an attempt to go drinking into an insult to the group's organizers. And somehow you've found a way to launch into partisan politics before anyone has even had a drink.
Kim
user 105009182
Detroit, MI
Post #: 1
I'm up for WAB if anyone else is gonna be there.
MarkH
mhellekjaer
Detroit, MI
Post #: 5
Where is this WAB place?
Adam
user 4226871
Dearborn, MI
Post #: 20
Mark, the WAB is a brewery in Ferndale.
However, seeing as there is very little interest so far and this is the last I'm able to check this until much later in the day, it's a no go so I'm going to say CANCELED. See y'all at the next event.
chip m.
user 120385802
Detroit, MI
Post #: 2
Who said, "no one has had a drink"smile
linda
user 13935867
Waterford, MI
Post #: 2
Thanks, now you've just made an attempt to go drinking into an insult to the group's organizers. And somehow you've found a way to launch into partisan politics before anyone has even had a drink.
I was a little shocked myself! Let's be respectful to all our group members, especially the organizers. Hope to see some of you soon. Peace.
Annalee
user 16140511
Detroit, MI
Post #: 7
The Sing-a-long sounded like fun and I hope another one is scheduled for a Friday night. The next time it is scheduled please be specific about what it is, where to park, cover charge, menu... Also, I am with Linda and Adam about being respectful here. This is a social forum for fun loving people to plan drinking/historical events. Let's go have some fun!
Adam
user 4226871
Dearborn, MI
Post #: 21
I hope it's rescheduled too, but I expect the organizers have enough to do without providing every detailed instruction. We should be used to finding parking and can Google the menu. The organizer may not have been to the location before and the information would be the same we would find if we searched. In this case I think we had what we needed. We had address, beer, singing. Show up to the first and enjoy the latter two.biggrin