The Detroit International Social Meetup Message Board › Japanese Tea Ceremony, free transportation

Japanese Tea Ceremony, free transportation

Millicent
user 8574369
Southfield, MI
Post #: 4
This Saturday I'm going to Saginaw to visit the Japanese Cultural Center and Tea House. I plan to attend a Japanese Tea Ceremony and stroll their three acre garden. The changing leaves should only add to the beauty of the garden. If anyone would like to ride with me I would welcome the company. The tour only cost $3 and I've already paid for the gas. I'll even let you decide what we listen to on the radio.

I'll check back here for responses but if you have my phone number call me.
A former member
Post #: 10
What time?
Nadine
user 4103171
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 24
This Saturday I'm going to Saginaw to visit the Japanese Cultural Center and Tea House. I plan to attend a Japanese Tea Ceremony and stroll their three acre garden. The changing leaves should only add to the beauty of the garden. If anyone would like to ride with me I would welcome the company. The tour only cost $3 and I've already paid for the gas. I'll even let you decide what we listen to on the radio.

I'll check back here for responses but if you have my phone number call me.[/quote

Yes, I am interested. Where do we meet and what time? When is a good time for us to talk?
Nadine
user 4103171
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 26

I'll check back here for responses but if you have my phone number call me.

Yes, I am interested. Where do I meet you and what time? When is a good time for us to talk?
Andrew
thirdreel
Group Organizer
White Lake, MI
Post #: 55
I can't, cause I'm kind of swamped this weekend, but it does sound like fun. If you like, I can set up a Meetup for it and set Millicent as the host. Or not, if your car's approaching full passenger limit already.
Jenn
user 4344646
Novi, MI
Post #: 5
i'd love to go but i have to work that night (so will be sleeping during the day). if anyone wants to go all out, i have many a kimono someone could borrow (women's only).
Millicent
user 8574369
Southfield, MI
Post #: 5
Sorry everyone, but the trip is canceled. I called the center to finalize arrangements and was told that the ceremony will not take place this weekend. The next scheduled ceremony will take place on November 13, 2010. I was also told that a private ceremony could be arranged sooner for groups of ten or more. I will keep this in mind as a possible future meetup activity. Thanks for understanding.
Nadine
user 4103171
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 27
I can go any weekend at this point except the 2nd Sat. in Nov. If that changes, I'll let you know. Please keep me updated. Thanks