addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Addicted to Travel Meetup Group Message Board › trip to Ukraine Sept 2011

trip to Ukraine Sept 2011

Stephen
user 14079379
Warren, MI
Post #: 1
I am planning on going to Ukraine in September 2011, tentative dates leaving DTW 9/7(arrive 9/8) and return home 9/15(actually home 9/16.) Dates are flexible but I would prefer avoiding our own Labor Day travel issues, and I don't want to go too far past September and miss the nicer weather in Kiev, plus Fall seems to be the most 'economical' time to travel lol.

The current flight plan includes layovers in New York both ways, the return trip layover being overnight most likely. I understand seasoned travelers hate this, and I can only imagine, but there are not many nonstop flights if any at all. And the planned accommodations are at the Kreshchatyk Guesthouse right in the heart of downtown Kiev. It is a small apartment building turned hotel, it has gotten good reviews, and it seems nice for the price.

There are many sights to see just within the city including some very old and beautiful churches, but if more than just me is there, a guided trip to Chernobyl may be a good possibility.

Long back story short for those who care lol...I was invited to go to London this summer but now that is not happening so I figured I'd go on my own trip anyway. I'm happy to go alone but if anyone is interested in traveling here and around those dates, I would love the company. We can split rooms to cut costs even more but that is not necessary for anyone not comfortable with it since this is short notice. I am inexperienced with international travel but I would like to book this trip ASAP to avoid missing out.

Anyone interested in this please let me know asap as I would like to book this trip by 3/6/11.