Detroit Atheist Social Hub Message Board › Stop Child Abuse by adding this definition of child abuse to the Definitions

Stop Child Abuse by adding this definition of child abuse to the Definitions of Child Abuse and Neglect in Federal Law

Cane K.
Cane.Kostovski
Eastpointe, MI
Post #: 16
Please take the time to read this petition and if you agree, please sign it.
https://petitions.whi...­
Thanks so much for sacrificing your precious time to read this petition.
Cane Kostovski
A former member
Post #: 642
I partly agree... I'd reword it though.

Anything that is anti-science that teaches bullshit such as faith healing, energy healing, crystal healing, acupuncture, chiropractic, etc... bullshit in place of actual verified medicine is child abuse because it does endanger the life of a child.

As far as the whole Jesus, Santa, other imaginary friends and stories go.... well parents should be free to teach their kids whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't hurt them physically. While I hate religion, I'd really hate the government telling me how to raise my child(ren) (if I had one/any).
Cane K.
Cane.Kostovski
Eastpointe, MI
Post #: 20
Hey there dude,

I don't see a problem with my wording. I'd love it if you gave me an example of what you mean. I believe what I wrote is so close to what you want to get across, the only thing I could change is the level of sophistication of the language. What I mean by that is that I could change the wording by using either scientific language, or ghetto language, or legalese, or anywhere in between or a combination of languages. I am very proud of how I wrote it, but I'm not a professional writer.

In any case, I feel that if it were actually going to become a law, my wording of it will not even come close to what language will be used when they finalize it to be put on the books!!!! LMAO

Anyway, I really would love to see how you would improve the wording!!! Have fun!

Cane AKA AtheistTech
A former member
Post #: 644
Well... pretty much "any person who teaches false science that can injure or harm a child mentally or physically shall be imprisoned for not less than 1 year nor more than life depending on the degree that the child is injured" or something to that affect since I'm not a lawyer.

For example, if a child dies due to faith healers then each person responsible for it gets life in prison. If they lose an arm or something because of failed medicines to get rid of gangrene then 7 years if it's an entire limb, 4 for a hand or a foot, 1 for a toe. I don't know, I'm not exactly thrilled with throwing anyone in a cage either. Maybe force them to take some critical thinking classes instead or read the bible cover to cover.