addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 339
As mentioned at the meeting, Penguicon Is being held the weekend of April 26th-28th. They even have a promotional video on the site, that I havent checked out so cannot say anything about.

I have heard from two members of DAM directly that they will be part of talks/events, I wouldnt be surprised if there were more lurkers on this site that are involved.

If anyone needs a place to crash, catch me at the con or email me: starxplor [at] yahoo [dot] com

P.S. Sorry about the spelled out address, I just hate spam.
john p.
user 12664084
Detroit, MI
Post #: 1
I'm a Science Fiction geek...but I'm pretty damn computer illiterate. For example, I have no idea what "open Source" or "Linux" even mean, LOL! And I don't play video games. My question is...am I geeky enough for this con or will be in over my head? I attend ConFusion every winter and ConClave in the fall. But both of those cons are more print and media oriented. Is this con friendly to the computer idiot?
A former member
Post #: 340
There is plenty for all types of geeks. You can fill your day with scifi geekery or, take an occasional break and expose yourself to some of the computer/technology hacking stuff. There is a schedule on their website, no descriptions yet, but you can get the idea from some of the names what is going on.
Stu C.
DJStuCrew
Roseville, MI
Post #: 79
I'm no computer whiz either, but I am a huge Star Trek nerd! My favorite parts are the room parties, and the filking is pretty neat, too. (Filking is basically song parodies done by sci-fi geeks.) A fun time, all in all.