Detroit Area MahJong Message Board › Awesome Computer game for Riichi Mahjong (Saikyo no 3D Mahjong)

Awesome Computer game for Riichi Mahjong (Saikyo no 3D Mahjong)

Brian M.
p014k
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 3
Hello. I have a really good computer game for Windows (it'll work on Mac or Linux windows emulators). It's called Saikyo no 3D Mahjong. It's Riichi mahjong and it is played against the computers (of varying difficulty), but the cool part is that it keeps tracks of ALL your stats (all the yaku you've won from, how many times you've come in 1st place, etc.). You can also customize the personality and playing style of the computers.

This game is kind of big (~100mb), so I'd have to give it to you in person. I'll start bringing it to meetups on a USB drive, so if you want it, bring a laptop or USB drive)

The only downfall to this game, besides that its 1 player, is that its ALL in Japanese. I have, however, translated (with a friend) the ENTIRE game into english via a word document guide. I am going to try to make it prettier and more descriptive, but it's pretty good as it is now. I have an email prepared will all sorts of screenshots, materials, and such that I can just email to you once you have the game.

I've attached a couple of screenshots here.

Screenshot of one of the settings pages

My stats page

Gameplay

It's really fun.
Amanda P.
mandabeastie
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 10
Fantastic! I'd love a copy! It did look really cool last night. Will bring my laptop next Thursday! Will consider going to Sunday too if I can find a ride... in case you were going to that.
Adam
akilleen
Group Organizer
Ferndale, MI
Post #: 29
Looks awesome! I will definitely bring my laptop next time. The riichi in 4 winds is definitely missing some things (additional dora on kan comes to mind).
Jocilyn W.
user 12236492
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 8
Very cool. Sounds very addicting. Does this need to run in AppLocale or on a computer set to the Japanese region? Not a problem for me but I just wanted to make sure because there may be people who don't know how to set it up.
Brian M.
p014k
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 5
Very cool. Sounds very addicting. Does this need to run in AppLocale or on a computer set to the Japanese region? Not a problem for me but I just wanted to make sure because there may be people who don't know how to set it up.
Nope. Runs fine natively. I think it requires Java, though. All the Japanese will appear fine in the game without any system configuration (unless you're using Mac or Linux, then you need to run it through an emulator).