add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Detroit Area MahJong Message Board › Interest in American Mahjong meetup?

Interest in American Mahjong meetup?

Amanda P.
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 16
Hi everyone!

I've promised to start a discussion about the creation of a strictly American Mahjong meetup. I know in the past that we've gotten sprinkles of interest here and there. But I wanted to see if people had what it takes to get the ball rolling!

Essentially, we will need to discuss what the best place for this meetup might be (relative to the people interested in coming), anyone who would have right kind of mahjong set to bring along, and anyone interested in committing to host/attend every couple of weeks.

We've found the other meetups have pretty good success being held every two weeks. What days would be best for people interested?

Thoughts and ideas welcome!
Group Organizer
Ferndale, MI
Post #: 40
You may want to try sending an email out through the group. That should reach some of the members that don't receive emails from the message board.
A former member
Post #: 19
The Great Lakes Seafood Restaurant down the street from me where they used to hold the American Mahjong games closed this week, so they may be looking for a new locale (if they haven't already disbanded).