|Sent on:||Monday, April 26, 2010 9:32 AM|
I hope you are having a great day. I was wondering if you or somebody you know would be interested in a Ruby position that is at a really cutting edge company in Atlanta. It is a perm position and if there is some interest, just send me an updated word resume to [address removed].
Thanks for your time in advance.
Required Skills and Experience
We will consider candidates with a range of backgrounds and experience, although you must demonstrate that you have a core set of software development skills that will enable you to contribute quickly to the team. Successful candidates will normally have a degree in computer science or a related field, although that is not a firm requirement.
Specific skills and experience we look for include:
* Object-oriented programming utilizing MVC application frameworks (e.g. Rails, Struts, Spring MVC)
* Scaling high-volume web applications
* Some familiarity with Ruby on Rails (use of engines and plugins is a plus)
* Database principles and familiarity with MySQL or similar relational databases
* Comfort level working in Unix or Linux environments
* Familiarity with agile concepts and processes
* Continuous integration tools, namely SVN
Attributes we look for include:
* A startup mentality with a “whatever it takes” approach to accomplishing goals
* Strong interest in social networks, with some exposure to the technology behind them.
* Willingness to learn rapidly and adapt as requirements or technical approaches change
* Pragmatic and even-tempered in the face of challenges
* Resourceful to suggest alternatives and share ideas
* Work well with team members and communicate effectively
* Demonstrated commitment to self-testing and producing high-quality code
* Able to work in-person in our downtown Atlanta office
***Desire to work in a Mac OS X environment
This email message originally included an attachment.