Microsoft DevBoston Message Board › Sr. SW Engineer – Dist.
Position Title – WRJTSSE082012
Sr. SW Engineer – Dist. Systems – Network Technologies – Async I/O - Framingham, MA Area
Excellent Compensation Package – Base + Bonus + Benefits – Base Up to $120K+ DOE
Relocation Assistance Possible for Exceptional Matches (US Based Only)
Sponsorship Possible for Exceptional Candidates (US Based Only) – Must Have Superior Communication Skills
Telecommute Option after Probation Period Possible
Small, Private, Successful, Profitable & Growing, Software Firm, focused on Voice/Telephone Identity Management Solutions that provide Identity, Security, & Investigative Analytical Tools for the Law Enforcement Space as well as other Industries. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and help them continue on their path of success.
Position Responsibilities – Summary:
A Senior Software Engineer will design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software primarily in the voice and speech analysis domain. Serve as technical expert on development projects. Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design. Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements. Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation. Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed. Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements. Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
· Design and develop advanced investigative solutions using a variety of leading edge voice and speech tools and libraries.
· Evolve deployed technologies, responsible for rollout processes, and automation for feature improvements
· Work with the VP of Engineering to design an architecture that is robust, scalable, secure and is easy to trouble shoot
· Identify risks and mitigation strategies for your own and team feature areas
· Identify, communicate, and participate in the management of technical debt
· Participate in regular design, architecture and engineering discussions including code reviews and support of initiatives
· Proficient in debugging and troubleshooting software, with a willingness to facilitate open and effective communication with internal and external teams
· Maintain collaborative working relationship with others by seeking, using and giving feedback
The SSE reports directly to the VP of Engineering.
Required Skills and Competencies:
Mandatory Skills and Experience
· 6+ year’s software design, code, test, & debugging experience with extensive, current, hands on experience with Unix/Linux operating environments, and strong programming language skills in an appropriate language – Short Test Required.
· Demonstrated work in Building Scalable Software solutions (administrative, functional, load) (horizontally & vertically).
· Experience with distributed systems design and development – Focus on secure, predictable, consistent, recoverable, high availability, fault-tolerant systems.
· Demonstrated work in Network technologies, network IO concepts, network administration, and computer system architecture – Experience with NAT, TCP/UDP.
· Understanding of Asynchronous I/O (a.k.a. non-blocking I/O).
· Experience in building software systems where dealing with failure is a feature.
· Linux and DBA Admin (minimal)
· Experience writing shell scripts for OS-level automation.
· BS in CS, CIS, or Math or equivalent.
Desirable Skills and Experience - The more pluses that you have the better.
· Experience developing voice and/or speech recognition software
· Knowledge and experience with audio signal processing
· Experience in leading a small technical group with excellent technical writing and communications skills including the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
· Real-time software development.
· Knowledge of probabilistic modeling
· Understanding of Signaling Protocols (SIP / SIP ALG)
· Understanding of Storage Area Networks (SANs)
Contact Information - (Resumes in Word Format to);
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates – High Technology Recruiting Services
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - GaryWright@WrightAssociates.org - WEB Site – www.wrightassociates.org